1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking to buy a Carry

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by bikermiker, Aug 26, 2018.

1. bikermiker

bikermiker New Member

Hi,

I'm looking to purchase a Carry within in the next few months and plan on doing some basic mods.

I've been pouring over this and other sites for the last few weeks and I am still having trouble finding the information I am looking for, so, if someone could respond or at least point me to some definitive answers, that would be a big help!

I'm looking at a getting a 4 speed with a diff lock and hi/lo. Since I will be on a 55 mph highway for short periods, I wanted to make up for the lack of 5th gear with some larger tires.

I plan on setting it up with a 2" lift.

My problem is:
    -Finding DOT approved rims
    -Finding 24" DOT UTV/ATV tires that aren't so aggressive that they would be ridiculous to drive on, on the pavement.
    -WTH is the rim offset I will need?
    -24" or 25"? From what I have read, 25" is going to rub too much.

I live in the United States so this will be a 90-93 model most likely.

2. mtnxtreme

mtnxtreme Member

You won't find DOT rims but I got true 14" x 7", 114.3 x 4 pattern with a 4" offset truck rims off Summit Racing because I hate the ATV rim look, they are basically an off road truck racing rim, which is still stronger than an ATV rim, though not DOT,and used a 27" Buckshot Mudder truck tires, looks more like a truck than a UTV, which is what it is, a truck !

3. bikermiker

bikermiker New Member

I read your old post but thought you were having rubbing problems and had a 3" lift. I'm going for a 2" lift and would like to keep rubbing to a minimum. Also 4x114.3 vs 4x115.... is it going to matter or not? I personally don't like it but if it's being done with no issues then............... I'm in? How is your truck in 4th top speed?

Maybe it was someone else's post.... I've read so much I can't track it.

FWIW I drove a 5 speed HiJett for a significant period on the roads in the Caribbean. I know the Suzuki won't be as fast but I need an on and off road compromise.

4. bikermiker

bikermiker New Member

No DOT 12" rims?

5. mtnxtreme

mtnxtreme Member

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/bsw-47st4/overview/ ( these are the wheels ) 4 x 114.3 and 4 x 4.5 are the same bolt pattern, I have never heard of 4 x 115. I have a 3" lift with 300# springs up front no rubbing but did trim the bumper a little, and in rear the axle was swapped under the springs with 2" blocks. I don't now if they make 12" DOT, but your tire choice in 12" will be far and few between unless you want ATV tires thats why I went with 14" rims.

6. bikermiker

bikermiker New Member

I'm only going to do a 2" lift. I don't think this setup would work would it?

7. mtnxtreme

mtnxtreme Member

Yours should

8. harley rose

harley rose Member

Attached Files: