1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for VIN or chasis #

Discussion in 'Mitsubishi Minicab' started by Red Rooster, May 2, 2021.

1. Red Rooster

Red Rooster New Member

I've got a 1988 Mitsubishi minicab & pretty new to the game. I can find lots of info on newer minicab trucks but nothing on the okder models. I needs me a spare key or 2 but need either the VIN or chasis #. Anyone point me in the area those #'s might be found?

2. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

Do you have a Key which works? If so you should be able to buy a key at any of the better shops. I had the local Ace hardware cut me two extra sets for my Hijet.

Red Rooster likes this.
  3. Red Rooster

Red Rooster New Member

Thank you, Yes I do have a key that works. I've tried a few places & nothing matches up but I'll hit an ace on the way home from work to see if they can help. Thank you jigs

4. Dirtdiver

Dirtdiver New Member

Vin/chassis number should be on a plate under the seat, for me (U18T) it is on the pass side.

5. Red Rooster

Red Rooster New Member

Yeah thats what I was afraid of, that plate is MIA since I bought it. I'll keep trying hardware stores.

6. Dirtdiver

Dirtdiver New Member

My truck also has it stamped into the sheet metal under the seat toward the back.

7. Red Rooster

Red Rooster New Member

Ok great, I'll be sure to put a closer eye on it tomorrow.