1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for a new engine for a 91 Honda Acty

Discussion in 'Honda Acty' started by Rosie the Riveter, Mar 19, 2018.

1. Rosie the Riveter

Rosie the Riveter New Member

My Acty just died last fall. It needs a new engine and carburetor. It had a little rod knock for the last of its life. Then critical knock. then death. It is beyond rebuilding. It has had a few problems over the years so I am looking for a new engine and carburetor.

I am in Ontario around the GTA. There is apparently a wait on engines. Like 2 months! Does anyone have an input or parts or advice that may help me get my truck moving again?

2. fmartin_gila

fmartin_gila Well-Known Member

Have you tried Yokohama Motors or Carepo or Beforward?

Fred

3. Lee17

Lee17 Member

I think you can get a new engine for around $1500 in the States

4. fmartin_gila

fmartin_gila Well-Known Member

There is a company in the Los Angeles area who imports Used Japanese engines for sale to the public. I think they do sell them with some guarantee on them. Can't recall the name at the moment, but you should be able to find them with some searching.

Fred

5. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

I doubt that the engine importers have engines for mini trucks in stock. There just isn’t enough demand.

But, it also wouldn’t hurt to do a google search, and start contacting them. They can probably get you one.

But, you may have to wait a while until they have a container filled for shipping from Japan.

6. Rosie the Riveter

Rosie the Riveter New Member

I can get one from the states but I'm in Canada. With conversions of price it'll be $3200 for the engine. Rightdrive said they could get one for $1200 in Canada, but absolutely they do not answer their phones. I got a hold of someone after several months of trying. They said they'd call back the next day... It's been a couple of months since

Has anyone converted their truck? I know I would need the transmission with the engine. Bonsai rides guy suggested switching to a fuel injected engine. I am going to follow up with him

7. DWils

DWils Member

One guy did an engine swap, but it was some different vehicle. Engine importers might have an engine and as Jigs suggested it wouldn't hurt to Google it. Or just order one in the States and take a road trip!

8. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

I just googled “Japanese engine import Canada “

There are several, but all seem to be in Quebec.

9. deshet

deshet Member

Would it be cheaper to have your engine rebuilt?
    Thanks

10. zxrx

zxrx New Member

I'm trying to get a hold of a fuel injected engine from a Beat or a Life. The life engine is the E07Z which is turbo. Just waiting to get some extra money. Let me know if you get any leads.

11. Maximal

Maximal Active Member

no idea if youre still looking for one but try Carepo as said, ive gotten a few parts for my JDM vehicles from them. they only accept payment through bank wire and the shipping can be pricey but its quick and their communication is excellent

12. DWils

DWils Member

Any update, Rosie?