1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for a battery for a Hi Jet

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by Bigstoke, Sep 12, 2007.

1. Bigstoke

Bigstoke New Member

I set out this morning determined to find a battery for the 92 hi-jet here at the shop, Ive been to NTB, Costco, Oreillys, auto zone. I finally called Leon at the daihatsu help site and he gave me a part # for it which is Yousa/Exide SY70-S4L
    I cant find any place that can cross reference that part #. The closest battery I can find is off a Mazda Miata but they want 99.99 for it. Does anyone here know where I could find a battery for this thing?

2. Wolfman

Wolfman Member

Go to a lawn and garden place like tractor supply. Those batteries are cheaper, and have more than enough power to start these trucks.

3. firehouse

firehouse New Member

go to www.gsbattery.com. They carry batteries for daihatsu hijets with the smaller posts. On my battery it says Japan Storage Battery Company and GS Batteries. The numbers on the battery are as follows:

36B20L
    NS40ZL
    I called there 800 # and they sent one out. Think it was like $60 Make sure you go to there chart guide as they sent out the wrong to me the first time, but was very promt on getting me the correct one. I have a 91 hijet jumbo cab. Hope this helps.

4. Big Country

Big Country New Member

Autozone has a 425 AMP lawnmower battery that works great. You have to convert to blade posts and alter your clamp system a bit, but that is too easy. I believe it is about $26. Be sure to take your old battery to avoid the core charge.

5. Ditto on the lawn and garden battery. I just took my old one in, matched the size and post orientation. Like Big Country said, you might have to convert to blade posts, but that's very easy. And $25 - $30 is much better than $99!! I've replaced the battery on a Suzuki and Mitsubishi this way. I think the Suzuki I had to alter the battery hold down, too. Nothing difficult for sure.