1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Look what I just bought!

Discussion in 'Subaru Sambar' started by fremontminitrucks, Feb 27, 2010.

1. I've been trying to get one of these Classic trucks for 3yrs, there're not many of them around and when you find them they're either really expensive or 2WD. not posting it for sale, it's just a rare little truck you don't see very often and fortunately we have certs on the KS4s. First time I've been excited about spending money in a long time!

Attached Files:

2. WELDER

WELDER Member

Looks cool. All it needs is some nice whitewalls:D

3. Stuff99

Stuff99 Moderator Staff Member

hell ya that would make it look even more 'fancier'

4. I already answer the "no they're not street legal" question enough, if I put white walls on there people will drive me crazy! I agree though, they would set it off.:D

5. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

That's sweet..

6. erixun

erixun Member

Thats cool!:cool: So I gather this one is 4wd? What the specs on it? Year, make model, engine size etc....

7. fupabox

other than the obvious body changes is the interior the same as standard ?

8. it's 1997 Sambar Classic, 660cc, 4WD with EL gear, this is the first one i've purchased and it's still in Japan so I'm not sure if the interior has in differences, probably not. This is one of those trucks that's unique enough that I'll sit on it forever because nobody wants to use it as a work truck:rolleyes: I don't care though, now I can say I've had one of everything!

9. Meesho

Meesho Member

3 years? You could have waited forever. That's because I highly doubt they were available from the factory like that. Looks like they took the front clip off the Sambar classic van???

Last edited: Mar 2, 2010
  10. Mr. Obvious

Mr. Obvious Guest

Meesho, so his classic is a salvage truck?

That's classic!

11. Meesho

Meesho Member

It's a kit you can buy to add to any Sambar that previously had the round headlights. Just like many people add the VW kit to their Sambar.

12. Mr. Obvious

Mr. Obvious Guest

Oh now I see. I have seen the VW conversion before but not the sambar. Thanks. Just curious how much $ are the kits.

13. Meesho

Meesho Member

I dont know how much they are in Japan but I saw one place in canada selling the complete front clip for a few hundred bucks.

14. Mr. Obvious

Mr. Obvious Guest

Whe you say clip do you mean a Fiberglas type shell over the original truck?

15. I don't know about the kits but they do put these trucks together like this at the factory

16. Ironraven

Ironraven Active Member

That's super cute! Sure doesn't look like a '97... and that's the point I suppose :)

17. fupabox

18. Mr. Obvious

Mr. Obvious Guest

Is it a kit or factory???

19. It's factory, they make very few along with the vans and they're hard to find. The guys in Japan have said they've never seen a kit