1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Look what followed me home, can I keep it?

Discussion in 'Subaru Sambar' started by olddatsunfan, Aug 27, 2010.

1. olddatsunfan

olddatsunfan Member

Long story, ended up buying this for a friend who backed out on me so now I have my first ever pickup truck. 1990 Subuaru Sambar 4WD 5 speed. It's a bit rough, but, it only has 55K on it. I believe it because this was an industrial yard truck with a funky welded on speed limiter (shift limiter) over the shifter. I'll get more and better pics later, for now ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Does anyone local want a Subaru Sambar pickup, the guy I bought it from has 2 more in 2WD still as well as a Daihatsu ....

2. Stuff99

Stuff99 Moderator Staff Member

looks good to me. might wanna keep it lol

3. olddatsunfan

olddatsunfan Member

Yah, it's kinda neat, but, I haven't told the wife yet and I still have to sell one of my station wagons!

4. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

Tarp it and she may not notice;)

5. olddatsunfan

olddatsunfan Member

Too late, she noticed ... Oh well, she said it's cute! Guess she's gonna let me keep her! Always wanted a farm truck!

6. zardoz

zardoz Member

You have too many Datsuns in that yard :D I really do think ya oughta let me have one :rolleyes: The very first car I put on the road was a Datsun 510... I gotta tell ya.. I'm envious!

The Subie looks good, glad the missus is going to let ya keep it :)

z

7. olddatsunfan

olddatsunfan Member

Zar, you don't know half the story! The '68 4 door was "stored" at my place last year while my buddy figured out what he wanted to do with it ... He just gave it to me! This is the same buddy who just bailed on the Subie too! The brown '71 wagon, well, same story, he bailed on that one too, so now that's 3 vehicles here from him ... Good thing I like them all or I'd be mad!

The subie is a bit rough and rusty and needs a lot of love, but, it's got potential so ....

8. Stuff99

ya but you said farm truck :D just has to sound good lol

9. olddatsunfan

olddatsunfan Member

Hah, my "farm" is a whole 2 acres of scrub brush and peat bog! This should be fun!

10. Stuff99

heh not bad little farm

11. olddatsunfan

olddatsunfan Member

Well, I put a few litres of fresh gas into her and she fired right up! What a champ! Drove her around the back yard to test out 1st and reverse and she drives too! Awesome, this is going to be fun!

12. Stuff99

next step - get that pos limiter off her!

13. olddatsunfan

olddatsunfan Member

Yep, gonna get the angle grinder off, the "shift limiter" box is welded to the bottom plate in 2 planes, I'll post a picture of it later. Looks like I'll have to get the welder out too, all 4 of the mounting holes for the engine cover hatch are rusted through as are the capture nuts on the bottom!