1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Long time reader, first time poster

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by 2BeerOrNot2Beer, Oct 26, 2020.

1. 2BeerOrNot2Beer

2BeerOrNot2Beer New Member

Hi Everyone!

I am in the Philly area and wondered if anyone on here has experience buying from Japstar/Street Legal Mini Trucks?

Im in the market for a 1993/94 Honda Acty 5sp 4wd mid engine.
    To use for deliveries and a daily driver in the city. Am I crazy to do this not being a gear head? Ha!

Cheers!

2. Koffer

Koffer Active Member

There’s also a place in Paterson nj that also sells them , as for DD comes down to finding a good mechanic who’s willing do work on something different and not looking for a ODB2 connector under the dash to do all the work and then load up the parts cannon on your dime.
    Whatever you do make sure you baseline it first to cut down on any issues . A full real tune up , drive belts ,filters, check tires ( most likely pretty old and not DOT ) brakes and replace fluids . A timing belt and water pump . That way you know everything was done and when it was done . Then it just comes down to regular car maintenance intervals

Limestone and 2BeerOrNot2Beer like this.
  3. 2BeerOrNot2Beer

Thank you .. Boeki was going to be another trip, but check these guys out due to being so close. Really nice dude.

Kind of drawn to them since the title would come with it, save a dmv headache, and they have a shop to do work with common parts stocked.

Feel like I kinda of get 2 for 1 over a large import spot? Maybe maybe not.

4. Koffer

Koffer Active Member

Nothing wrong with that , DMV stuff in PA isn’t too bad , it’s NJ that a total PITA and forget NY they got a hair up where the sun doesn’t shine for these things ATM .
    If they are close ,have everything there and willing to do the work. Negotiate with them to get all the stuff mentioned above done durning purchase and before delivery and you’ll be golden

2BeerOrNot2Beer likes this.
  5. 2BeerOrNot2Beer

How does NY do if you are driving through..do they just forgive the out of state plates?

My family are in upstate and plan to do a little trip eventual up there.

6. Koffer

Koffer Active Member

Cops couldn’t give a turd , it’s the DMV with titling and registration. There’s a lawsuit going on about these so they won’t do anymore and are no longer renewing registrations . Also asking for the title back . There was a post about that on this list within the last month

2BeerOrNot2Beer likes this.