1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Location of relay

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet References' started by geoffbubbles, Oct 14, 2009.

1. geoffbubbles

geoffbubbles New Member

2000 model EFI 1300 Hi Jet Van
    Can anyone advise me of the EXACT location of the relay for the rear windscreen wiper (possibly with pic or diagram)

contact direct on geoffstandish@googlemail.com

2. You didnt say your model or VIN number but if its Airbaged equiped its integrated in the combination switch. On cargo models its internal on the rear wiper motor. To test the rear wiper remove the rear inner panel cover and remove the plug to test for current. Even if you do not detect voltage take a seperate 12 power source to verify the motors funtions. Bad motors can cause the combi-switch to fail. The rear defroster circuit is on the same rear grid. Test to see if your re-defroster works (if equiped).

Cheers,
    Don

3. geoffbubbles

geoffbubbles New Member

Thanks Don
    I Have the van ,non airbag version.
    When I checked the motor wiring I found 2 wires on the connecting block and an earthing lead from the motor itself. I couldnt find a 12v + feed on the block contacts and that is why I thought it was a relay fault.
    To avaoid problems which connecting block wires should I connect an external 12v feed to ?

Geoff

4. rear wiper cuircuit

Hear is the rear wiper motor circuit for your van. I cant scan the real one as it is copywrited so I drew it out.....LOL. Hope you can read my writing...:p

Cheers,
    Don

Attached Files:

5. geoffbubbles

geoffbubbles New Member

Extremely grateful for your help Don.

Ishould be able to suss the problem now I've studied the circuit.
    The washer motor functions so it seems that its either a bad contact on the switch, a faulty wiper motor, or a broken wire.

Cheers

Geoff

6. We carry all the new parts so if you need something let us know.
    Cheers,
    Don

7. downhere

downhere Member

Thank you so very much for your thoughtfulness! We really appreciate your selflessness by sharing this very useless garbage! I love how your spam doesn't pertain to this site in anyway shape or form. But regardless of that I get very excited when given a reason to rant. So thank you again for igniting a fire in me to lash out at your ignorance in filling this site with spam...