1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lifting a Daihatsu

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by JRinTX, Jun 1, 2007.

1. Nautydog1

Nautydog1 Member

2. mini trucks are much like many other vehicles in that they are designed at the drawing board to operate safely and efficiently "sa designed"

Much like Unimogs, the moment you alter the engineered in dynamics, you may start to expect issues of one sort or another in addition to reduced capability. Simple logic. I once spoke to a German engineer that said " the only mod one can do safely to a Unimog is to disconnect the front sway bar to achieve more aggressive articulation on the trails. Other than that you will ruin the design capabilities of the the unit". I would feed my ego carefully on modifying the minis... Looks cool, but WHY?

fmartin_gila likes this.
  3. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

Lifting gave me enough clearance to mount taller tires, with in turn gave me another inch of ground clearance, and deceased the approach angle front and rear.

But, you are right: You should know what your doing before you start mucking with the factory setup.

Liberty4Ever and Limestone like this.
  4. Liberty4Ever

Liberty4Ever Active Member

I'm not on Facebook, but I was planning on going the MotoCheese route and getting a Harley Rose coil over lift kit with the progressive springs that isn't so much lift that it causes a problem with the CV joints, but it would allow slightly larger all terrain tires and slightly more ground clearance. Nothing extreme, and definitely not for looks. The goal is a little better off road performance for occasional off road use, but I'm not an off road enthusiast. I do think these 4WD mini trucks look better with a little lift and some more off road oriented tires, though.