1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lifting a Carry???

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by B-Edwards, Nov 11, 2009.

1. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

I was thinking of making my radius rods adjustable as well....was just gonna cut the rod,thread both ends and join it with coupling nuts,as you said to adjust like a tie rod (locking nuts as well of course)...just wondering what your plans are for the bar stock?..or do you have some evil genius plan up your sleeve.;)

2. huntidaho

huntidaho Member

I have a great idea and I will post the pics of the build for you. You pretty much have the gist of it but the bar stock Im getting is 6 sided so I can adjust with a wrech. The threads will have to be deep to keep the strenght needed though.

3. project_x

project_x Member

how about using a top-link from a tractor

I was thinking about using something like this, cutting the rod and threading it to match the inside of one of these. I just need to find one that is a similar size. It will certainly be strong enough.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 21, 2009
  4. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

The best way to do this is to drop the front mount to eliminate bump steer.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. huntidaho

huntidaho Member

Yeah that looks good...

6. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

it's damn sweet :D

7. scallywagon

scallywagon New Member

Greg, what are your front lowering brackets made of ?

8. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

These photos are from JRinTX. They look like aluminum. Thats a 5 inch lift on a zuk.

9. project_x

project_x Member

Huntidaho,
    Haven't heard from you in awhile. What have you come up with? What did you do to correct the steering geometry? I need to fix mine, and am looking for ideas?

Cheers,
    Rob

10. Hailhound

Hailhound New Member

I know I'm late to the game here on an old thread,but anyways. New member here looking to see how huntidaho and project_x ironed out remaining problems. Any problems with arm drop that showed up later?

Camotruck likes this.
  11. native

native Member

Huntidaho is it possible to get your measurements so I can build that sweet setup you made, for my 96 Suzuki

12. swat1018

swat1018 Member

Good luck. I tracked him down and spoke and texted with him. He sold his mini to Kevin Costner, believe it or not. He thought he had another bar, but doesn't now, and isn't into mini trucks anymore.

13. native

native Member

If anyone has measurements for this bracket for a 96 Suzuki please pm me as I would like to try this out on my truck

14. Cole

Cole Member

Check out this thread.

https://minitrucktalk.com/threads/lifting-a-suzuki.5/page-5

As far a actual dimensions that shouldn't be to hard to just measure off your own truck. This thread will give you an idea of how far down to locate your holes based on how much lift you are doing.

It's more work but you can always do a front subframe drop with spacers. It effectively does the same thing with keeping factory geometry. I am just finishing up an extensive lift on mine with a axle flip in the rear and lowering the drivetrain 2". Also developed a new steering pivot arm. Will create a thread of my own soon!

Also see

https://minitrucktalk.com/threads/94-scrum-carry-lift-completed.17746/