1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Liangzi Trucks

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by TnTom, Jan 7, 2012.

1. TnTom

TnTom New Member

Has anyone bought or had any experience with Liangzi trucks. They are built in Japan and engine parts are supposed to be interchangeable with a Suzuki Samarai? It looked a lot like the Chinese Tiger truck in the photo but says it is manufactured in Japan??

2. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

Liangzi is a Chinese company that uses Chinese engines and parts..possibly based on a Japanese design...Many Chinese scooters and ATVs copied Japanese designs so closely that some Japanese companies just decided to partner with them and have parts built in China...Yamaha and Honda have both made deals to have parts for older motorcycles and ATVs built in China...very doubtful that the entire truck is Japanese though...The Chinese ATVs and scooters have held up fairly well recently,but that is a market and specialty they are long established at..Cars and trucks are an entirely different ballgame...Personally I would steer away from a Chinese made truck unless it was built for the Red Army:)

3. TnTom

TnTom New Member

Thanks, I heard back from the seller and he did retract and say that the truck was made in China not Japan and he was mistaken. Probably going to stay away from the Chinese models based on what I have heard.