1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

legal in Indiana

Discussion in 'Mini Truck Spottings' started by rabbitman11, Jun 22, 2009.

1. rabbitman11

rabbitman11 New Member

As of July 2009 Limited use on roads for minis

2. tricountyminitrucks

tricountyminitrucks New Member

According to my state representative and the on-site inspector for the dealer division of the BMV that is NOT TRUE! The bill making this effective July 1, 2009 failed to get heard in the Senate this past session. Therefore the bill died.

3. Frisco Dave

Frisco Dave New Member

someone from Indiana posted on this site that his was registered and licensed. I am from Indiana and I would like to be able to drive mine from one field to another but I have to go on a state highway to do that. Licensing would eliminate the hassles I have insurance on the truck now.

4. cmaranto

cmaranto Member

Field to field

Dave:

You can already do that. Post a slow moving vehicle triangle, use your flashers, and you are good to go

5. lndscpe

lndscpe New Member

Indiana HB 1043 to come back to the floor in Jan 09 - need help

Spoke to Representative Dave Wolkins, (he is the originator of HB1043) today, great guy and very enthusiastic about the usefulness of the mini trucks. He mentioned that the bill made it's way thru the house with no problem but was stopped by Senator Wiess (I think that is how it's spelled), he wouldn't even see the bill:frustration:. So for those of us living in Indiana please lets try and help Representative Wolkins get the bill thru this January, you can contact his office at: (317) 232-9748 or email him at h18@in.gov. and ask him how we can help.

For further action, for those of us in Indiana we need to get Senator Wiess to consider letting this bill, HB1043, get to the floor so it can be voted on. Think about this, recently a bill passed allowing golf carts to be used on some roadways:confused:, then why not our trucks?:confused::confused: