1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Left side motor mount washer orientation

Discussion in 'Honda Acty' started by JonP, Apr 2, 2019.

1. JonP

JonP Member

I did my timing belt recently, and noticed the motor mount on that side is all torn up. On the old one, the whole perimeter of the mount was resting on the big washer that goes between the mount and the bolt that goes into the frame. But now, on this new mount I bought, only the middle part of the washer makes contact with the motor mount, while the rest of it does seemingly nothing.

Is that correct? If so, I don't get what the point of the washer is.

2. shogun

shogun Active Member

3. JonP

JonP Member

It’s a 1994 HH4 Van with the e07a engine.

4. shogun

shogun Active Member

5. JonP

JonP Member

6. shogun

shogun Active Member

That part number is correct for your engine, based on parts catalog the large washer has a separate part number and must be ordered separately if broken, otherwise it probably will/can be re-used
    50820SJ6030 is part # 3 in the drawing, and the large washer is part number 4, 50822SJ6030 https://partsouq.com/en/catalog/gen...lbllKGxpbV3QC$&vid=120010&cid=178&uid=4476&q=
    Or do you mean you have the old washer and the new mount does not fit into the washer shape?

Last edited: Apr 4, 2019
  7. MO Acty

MO Acty New Member

I recently replaced that very mount on my '92 HA4 truck.
    And bought it from Amayama, as a matter of fact.

The old one was so bad that it was sitting on that washer.
    You can see the surface rust on the washer where the mount portions were sitting and wiped the paint off.
    Look at how far away from the washer it is now-as it should be! :)
    Huge improvement!

Here are pics of it.

Attached Files:

8. JonP

JonP Member

THANK YOU! That helped immensely. I was 99% sure I put the washer in the proper orientation going back in, but I was confused that the rubber part wasn't resting on the outside of the washer at all. Just like yours.

I'm guessing as it sags with age that washer is just a backup so your motor doesn't fall out, right?

9. MO Acty

MO Acty New Member

Glad to help!

Oh man, there's no doubt in my mind...….that washer is keeping the engine in place when the mount fails!
    It's really impressive how solid things feel back there when you ditch a failed left mount.
    That little dude must take most of the abuse.

JonP likes this.
  10. shogun

shogun Active Member

Thanks, good to know for future reference. Have not yet replaced the engine mounts on my 1997 Acty, but that so far has only about 60kkm.

11. JonP

JonP Member

Heck yeah! Mine went from being a rattlebox to completely smooth and quiet.

Thanks again for the help. I seriously kept checking it over and over for the last week or so thinking I somehow put it in wrong and it would fall out at any moment!

12. Figured I’d share my images too,

here is before and after

Attached Files:

shogun likes this.