1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LED Bulb Replacements for DB51T and DD51T

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by NOLATAC, May 2, 2016.

1. NOLATAC

NOLATAC Member

Hello,

I have one of each and would like to change all the lights out to LED's. Does anyone know of a list of what bulbs are there or if there are any known LED replacements?

Thanks

2. NOLATAC

NOLATAC Member

Here are the bulbs I took out. Kinda hard to read what they are to do a search. Can't seem to find anything close in LED for the big headlight bulb.

IMG_1205.JPG IMG_1206.JPG IMG_1207.JPG IMG_1208.JPG

3. NOLATAC

NOLATAC Member

4. fmartin_gila

fmartin_gila Well-Known Member

The headlight shows H4 which indicates Halogen. The other pic, the large one looks like a 1156 and the small one may be a 95.

Fred

5. NOLATAC

NOLATAC Member

I contacted G&R and they don't seem to know of any LED version bulbs for these. Is anyone away of a whole different headlight module that could be substituted that would possibly have an LED bulb replacement?

6. fmartin_gila

I can't be of any help with LED stuff. I am old school and Halogen was the newest and best thing going when I retired so I have no knowledge. Search through some of the other threads on this site as I have seen some posts about converting to LED but I have ignored.

Fred

7. NOLATAC

NOLATAC Member

look like the following sizes. Will see how LED's work in them.

Headlight - H4
    Small DRL - T10
    Larger Turn Signal 1156

8. Not to hijack a thread, but I need to figure this out. I'm looking at the side marker lights to either side of the headlight housings. I remove the two little screws on the outside of the housings and it loosens everything up, but it doesn't seem to want to come off. Without breaking them, how do I remove these little housings to get to the bulbs? My left housing is cracked and could stand to be replaced although the right housing is intact.
    [​IMG]

9. fmartin_gila

It's been about a year since I had my light buckets out but as I remember after taking out the retaining screws, the buckets seemed to be held in a metal locating hole by a very snug fitting piece of plastic which is part of the light bucket. I thought I was breaking something when it finally came free.

Fred

10. Ah ha. That is sort of a scary sound the thing makes as it's being pried out. As expensive as these pieces are, I really hesitated.
    Interesting design. Looking at it from the outside, I expected the orange piece to part of the bulb, not a glued in piece. The corner lamp I have is serviceable, but ugly. $48.00 for a replacement? Really?
    [​IMG]