1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Largest tire size for stock ride height?

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by 98 SNAKE EATER, Mar 7, 2008.

1. minitruck.ca

minitruck.ca Member

Tires For You mini truck

At www.minitruck.ca we have mounted 23/8/12 Carlisle All Trail on Suzuki Carry, Daihatsu Hi-Jet, Honda Acty and Subaru Sambar without any lift or special Wheels. No problems.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2008
  2. draggbody

draggbody Member

on stock wheels i have put 25-8-12 w/ a little trim on the "rocker panel"...they will scrub the inner wheel well a little on hard jolts, but there is no damge to the tire... it just rubs the smooth portion around the strut tower... it looked real cool...

3. Samurai9

Samurai9 Member

So 25x8-12 tires go on the stock wheels without a problem--not too wide?

Thanks,

Samurai

4. draggbody

draggbody Member

hell yeah!!! this is the only way i like em... i mean the aluminum wheels look nice, but they are just too wide for me... no cringing when you hit a hard bump, wondering how bad it is gouging up the tires... to each his own, but the tall skinny look is for me...

5. We are putting 23 X 8 x 12 Titan 489s on stock rims under them no problem.

6. draggbody

draggbody Member

yeah that titan 489 are nice...

7. UnionRidge

UnionRidge New Member

I put a set of 23x8-12 Carlisle All-Trail tires on the stock wheels on a stock ride-height 94 Suzuki DD51T. I have not had any rubbing issues even when bouncing around in the woods. I didn't measure, but it seems like it gave maybe a two inch increase in ride height over stock street tires.

8. CAPTAIN

CAPTAIN New Member

Any photos of 25's on a stock truck?

9. tmikewww

tmikewww Member

Ours came with 23x8x12's (Swamp Fox) on our Sambar, and NO problem what' so ever.
    tmikewww
    (tom)

10. Firemanscottc

Firemanscottc New Member

i have a 2001 suzuki carry and you can put a carlisle 23x7x12 ACT Radial on the stock rims and did not have to trim anything. if you drive on the road with any ATV tire you have to be careful because the tire will heat up and blowout. you can go to ATV DIRECT { www.4atvtires.com } and find any tire you want and very good price.

11. rpm

rpm Member

I went to the junkyard and bought a set of 13 inch wheels with P185/65/R13 M+S tires. There is a slight rub on the left front when I turn right, other than that I've had no problems.

12. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

Ooh ooh! Please post pictures of that. I'd like to see! :)

13. Firemanscottc

Firemanscottc New Member

Tires

You can go to http://www.mavistire.com and get tire that will fit the New body style trucks and they have very good prices. Magna-Grip Snow Wintermark HT (a Goodyear Brand), size P175/70R13. Find your bolt pattern and go to a junk yard and find some rims that will match up. You can also go to Mactown mini trucks and they have some tires also, but do not how much.

14. oldsnowman

oldsnowman Member

Hi
    i have 165/55-14" tires on my mitsu which are the same over-all as the stock 145/80-12"'s 21.14".

wyatt

15. dalez0r

dalez0r Member

Has anyone tried the Carlisle True Power ag lug style 23x8.5x12? The catalog says they need 7" wide rims! O_O