1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

knock in engine

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by v.i-guy, Mar 12, 2018.

1. v.i-guy

v.i-guy New Member

well I posted a while back about a burnt valve in my carry , so I took it all apart and did a valve grind on the valves put it all back together drove it for a week now it started to make a loud ticking noise at first so thought it was just a lifter tappet, but now I have rattle noise when I rev up the engine and oil light comes on at idle so its a rod bearing . can you believe the bad luck I am having I can't believe it . do these 660 have to have a new crank or can I just grind the crank undersize and put oversize bearings in it I can't find oversize bearings any where.

2. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

Don’t get too far ahead of yourself. Pull it apart, and determine the actual problem, and see what you need to do to fix that problem. I don’t know if you can source oversize bearings. But I’d take a good look at things first.

3. v.i-guy

v.i-guy New Member

I know its not a tappet noise because I checked that today

4. v.i-guy

v.i-guy New Member

also does anyone know if I have to drop the cross member under the oil pan to get it off it looks real tight under there