1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

KM to MPH

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by Tom Royer, Oct 28, 2021.

1. Tom Royer

Tom Royer New Member

Wanted , Anyone make a speedometer face plate for a 1995 Suzuki carry in MPH?

2. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

I thought about opening up the speedo on my Hijet, and painting on hash marks for important speeds: 25, 35, 45, 65. As an interim measure I made a label with my label printer, had the kph which corresponded to the critical speeds in mph, and put it just below the speedo, and one at the top of the windshield.

Then I found an inexpensive gps Speedo, with heads up display, and went that route

3. t_g_farrell

t_g_farrell Active Member

I saw where someone on FB was making a decal with the mph speeds called out on it that you then applied over the speedo as an overlay. Pretty slick. I was just going to use a yellow grease pen to do mine LOL.

4. coffeemaker

coffeemaker Member

I once took a Canadian 240 KPH speedo to The Clock Doc abd he converted it to read MPH, accurately. Would love to do that with my ACTY, but that guy is long gone. there was once gearboxes that made the conversion and fis on one end of the speedo cable.