1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kei truck pulls Super Duty Ford with 40ft goose neck

Discussion in 'Mini Lounge' started by fd1228, Nov 10, 2007.

1. fd1228

fd1228 New Member

Someone help me! I was looking on the web and found a video of a kei truck with stock tires pull a F-350 Ford with a 40ft goose neck behind across a gravel parking lot. It was great, but now I can't find it. The video was being used as an example to show how strong these trucks really are. If anyone knows where it is please let me know

2. gbrad

gbrad Member

3. 3000gt

3000gt New Member

Nice!!!!!!!!!!!

4. minidump

minidump New Member

i pulled my buddys scoolbus camper out of a ditch with my 1990 carry, i didnt even dig up the driveway where my friend went off with his back dualies.
    We all stood around the thing after and remarked, "this thing is a glorified quad!" very cool
    ________
    FORD EXPLORER SPECIFICATIONS

Last edited: Feb 27, 2011
  5. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

Just an FYI...if you're looking for Kei Truck related videos, be sure to check the stickied post in the Lounge http://www.minitrucktalk.com/showthread.php?t=42

And if you find some that I don't have, either post them in that thread or send 'em to me and I'll put them right up on top!

6. IndianaJason

IndianaJason Member

gbrad... that link isnt working for me...? ..."page not found"

7. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

8. Wolfman

Wolfman Member

That movie needs to be permanently stored on this site.

9. IndianaJason

IndianaJason Member

I still cant get it... both links dont work for me..??? An error page comes up - page not found..?...
    :(

10. minidump

minidump New Member

cape ape vid

vid looks cool but whos idea was it to put it in a gorilla outline?
    i cant even watch it.
    ________
    Ferrari 288 Gto History

11. gbrad

gbrad Member

12. gbrad

gbrad Member

Go to : http://www.cape-ape.com/index.html

On the left click on the tab "Videos".

Near the bottom of the page click on : "How powerful are our mini trucks? See for yourself"."

That will play the Super Duty being pulled.

13. minidump

minidump New Member

they will do more that the superduty vid shows. I know ,Ive done it.
    Schoolbus high centered in ditch pulled out.a.m.a.z.i.n.g.
    ________
    Website host

14. IndianaJason

IndianaJason Member

Still doesnt work.. the video page wont even come up..."page cannot be found".... everything else works though.. Can navigate their whole site, just no videos..????????

15. minidump

minidump New Member

a good website means better buisness. its worth the extra cash.
    ________
    MIGHTYBOY

16. minidump

minidump New Member

17. IndianaJason

IndianaJason Member

Ok... that makes sense... Well, I'll try it again later on..

18. minidump

minidump New Member

Back to our corner-turning example: While the differentials handle the speed difference between the inside and outside wheels, the transfer case in an all-wheel-drive system contains a device that allows for a speed difference between the front and rear wheels. This could be a viscous coupling, center differential or other type of gearset. These devices allow an all-wheel-drive system to function properly on any surface.

The transfer case on a part-time four-wheel-drive system locks the front-axle driveshaft to the rear-axle driveshaft, so the wheels are forced to spin at the same speed. This requires that the tires slip when the car goes around a turn. Part-time systems like this should only be used in low -traction situations in which it is relatively easy for the tires to slip. On dry concrete, it is not easy for the tires to slip, so the four-wheel drive should be disengaged in order to avoid jerky turns and extra wear on the tires and drivetrain.

Some transfer cases, more commonly those in part-time systems, also contain an additional set of gears that give the vehicle a low range. This extra gear ratio gives the vehicle extra torque and a super-slow output speed. In first gear in low range, the vehicle might have a top speed of about 5 mph (8 kph), but incredible torque is produced at the wheels. This allows drivers to slowly and smoothly creep up very steep hills.

Locking Hubs
    Each wheel in a car is bolted to a hub. Part-time four-wheel-drive trucks usually have locking hubs on the front wheels. When four-wheel drive is not engaged, the locking hubs are used to disconnect the front wheels from the front differential, half-shafts (the shafts that connect the differential to the hub) and driveshaft. This allows the differential, half-shafts and driveshaft to stop spinning when the car is in two-wheel drive, saving wear and tear on those parts and improving fuel-economy.

Manual locking hubs used to be quite common. To engage four-wheel drive, the driver actually had to get out of the truck and turn a knob on the front wheels until the hubs locked. Newer systems have automatic locking hubs that engage when the driver switches into four-wheel drive. This type of system can usually be engaged while the vehicle is moving.

Whether manual or automatic, these systems generally use a sliding collar that locks the front half-shafts to the hub.

Advanced Electronics
    On many modern four-wheel and all-wheel-drive vehicles, advanced electronics play a key role. Some cars use the ABS system to selectively apply the brakes to wheels that start to skid -- this is called brake-traction control.
    ________
    CHRYSLER SEBRING (COUPE)

19. IndianaJason

IndianaJason Member

ok?... Im guessing you meant to post that in the other thread about the differential lock??...:)

20. IndianaJason

IndianaJason Member

Still cant get the video, none of the links work..? They must still be editing the page or something? Got any other link to watch the video? Curious to see it.... Thanks

21. kmoneil

kmoneil Administrator Staff Member

22. IndianaJason

IndianaJason Member

Same thing as the other links - "page cannot be displayed".....???..:(

23. kmoneil

24. IndianaJason

IndianaJason Member

So, I'm assuming it works for you ? I tried all that and still doesn't come up. I dont think its a problem on my end, I can view everything else and watch any kind of video, movie, etc... I have tried all the links.. the cape-ape page for their videos doesn't even come up...???..oh well I guess.. I'll try again another day..?..:(

25. kmoneil

Yeah works in both browsers for me.

26. IndianaJason

IndianaJason Member

I give up......temporarily...:(

27. gbrad

gbrad Member

Make sure your firewall or cookies settings are not preventing access.

I guess you've tried to "right click" and "save target as" and save to your desk top? I think you could do that right off one of the links we've posted. Then play it on your computer. If that doesn't work I may be out of ideas too.

gbrad

28. canoebuildah

canoebuildah Member

The videos work fine for me using XP Pro Firefox 2.0.0.9.

29. gbrad

gbrad Member

I've got it saved to my computer and recoded so you could probably watch it, but it's 12.7mb so I'm not sure if I can email that size or not. I don't think I can upload it here on this site either.

Sorry

30. IndianaJason

IndianaJason Member

You should be able to email it me if you want.... or you can upload it onto youtube or metacafe or similar site...