1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

K6A Oil Filter Conflict

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by Rickster, Sep 19, 2008.

1. Rickster

Rickster Member

Did a search on the forum to find out what oil filter I need for my 2002 DA62T with K6A engine. One reference says a WIX 51348 while the other says a WIX 51344. Which one is correct or does it matter? Is one metric and the other Standard?

2. gbrad

gbrad Member

Hey Rickster,

I have a 1999 Suzuki and though I cannot be certain I would think yours would be the metric. There is no reason a Japanese made, Japanese market vehicle would have any Standard threads on it.

That being said we are all learning things about these trucks and every once in a while we find something unusual.

Mine is 20mm dia. x1.5 pitch.

gbrad

3. Rickster

Rickster Member

What Now!

Pulled the old filter, it was a ?SANGYO C-930M. No cross reference at O'Reiley's or NAPA. Tried at WIX 51348 and the filter body as well as the gasket was too big. Tried the WIX 51344. The gasket was perfect, but filter OD was too big and threads were loose. Tried a NAPA 21365, filter size and gasket was correct, but threads were loose. Put the old one back on for now. HELP!

4. MichTrucks

MichTrucks Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Try Wix 51360

Part Number:51360
    UPC Number:765809513600
    Principal Application:Massey Ferguson Tractors</B>All Applications
    Style:Spin-On Lube Filter
    Service:Lube
    Type:Full Flow
    Media:Paper
    Height:2.577
    Outer Diameter Top:2.685
    Outer Diameter Bottom:Closed

Thread Size:3/4-16 Notice this is not a metric thread ( but you sample that fits uses this thread dia and pitch)

By-Pass Valve Setting-PSI:8-11
    Anti-Drain Back Valve:Yes
    Max Flow Rate:7-9 GPM
    Nominal Micron Rating:6
    Gasket DiametersNumber
    O.D .I.D. Thk.
    Attached 2.460 2.200 0.230 This is the gasket you said fits!

Per your comments about what fits and what doesn't...this should work.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2008
  5. dmerc

dmerc Member

I agree with Steve, napa 1360 fit mine perfect (wix 51360)

6. Rickster

Rickster Member

It worked!

WIX 51360 was the filter. Appeared odd to me that it would take a standard thread filter, but that was the case. I am ready for the english version of the manual for the K6A to be published.