1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just for fun... some zombie apocalypse stories!

Discussion in 'Mini Lounge' started by Ironraven, Sep 20, 2011.

1. Ironraven

Ironraven Active Member

http://zpocawareness.wordpress.com/category/contest/

I submitted a short story in this little contest just for fun... I've been writing a serial novel that's published on Kindle Direct Publishing. Turns out the prizes are actually pretty f-ing awesome but so are the other entries. Mine's called "Dead Inside" give 'em a read if you have some time to kill :cool:

2. spaner

spaner Well-Known Member

That's awsome Iron!
    I've been writing for years; waiting for teck to catch up to a guy who's not interested in getting hard copy.
    Actually getting royalty from Kindle, direct to tablet sales? WOW.

3. Ironraven

Ironraven Active Member

4. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

Iron that's awesome..great story...:)

5. Have you watched "the living dead" on AMC? Great new series, starts again in October

6. Ironraven

Ironraven Active Member

Thanks guys! If you vote for my story I could win a sweet machete...

I don't have a TV and my internet at my house in the boonies is pretty sub-par, but maybe I'll look into it. I think that's based on "Walking Dead" the graphic novel right? The graphic novel I've read... good stuff.

7. wreck

wreck Member

My zombie apocalpyse plan involves a newly abandoned Brinks truck

1. Armored - Duh
    2. Shooting ports - Duh again
    3. Diesel fuel has a better shelf life

8. Ironraven

Ironraven Active Member

I think mine'd involve a boat... a houseboat if we're being realistic or an aircraft carrier if we're being silly :p

9. wreck

wreck Member

The boat thing is a great idea. Maybe one of those ferry boats with a parking deck so the armored vehicle has a place too when you do have to go on land.

10. Stuff99

Stuff99 Moderator Staff Member

mine is dead reckoning.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

or all else fails there is this guy

[​IMG]

11. spaner

spaner Well-Known Member

Gotta love those amphibious APCs. That "landmaster", was perhaps the best ever built, costing 1.5mil, in equivalent 1970's dollars:eek:

I was always partial to the "ARK II", more like an RV and less tank like; Jetjumper included.:cool:

[​IMG]

12. Stuff99

Stuff99 Moderator Staff Member

links dead man

13. spaner

spaner Well-Known Member

I'm going to change my name to "thread killer" or "link buster". Need some hacking done?

Saturday morning flash back. This link is better anyway. Forget CG, back in 76, that was the real Bell prototype rented out for the day. No other way to do it.
    Real, imagine that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fsed7Yjb2t4