1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Joker from N.D.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Joker, Apr 14, 2019.

1. Joker

Joker New Member

Hi I am new to the forum I own a 2017 Suzuki Carry that I just put a scissor dump on. Anyone know how to upload pics

2. Heiny

Heiny Member

Click on “upload a file “ below
    Then pic your albums to chose from

3. Heiny

Heiny Member

4. Heiny

Heiny Member

Sorry just figured out how to make full screen.

5. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

Welcome!

6. Joker

Joker New Member

After choosing a photo, it appears to be downloading, but the photo doesn’t show up as postable. It just still says choose photo. Any suggestions?

7. Heiny

Heiny Member

Well now I am having image size issues, I am using an IPhone so I can’t resize with it. I will play with it and get back if I can figure out. I may have to shrink a pic while emailing to myself, then use that version.
    If anyone knows the trick, please jump in. Or I nevethought about searching the site for it.

8. Joker

Joker New Member

My daughter had me take a screen shot of the pic and use that picture because I was having the same problem.

9. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

There are several apps for your iPhone which will allow you to reduce the size of images. I use one called PhotoResizer. I wont say it’s the best one out there but id does work, and the controls are fairly straightforward.

10. Heiny

Heiny Member

11. Heiny

Heiny Member

Hey thanks that Resizer works, now I need better pics.

12. Joker

Joker New Member

13. Joker

Joker New Member

Ok looks like it works now. It took about a week and a half to do the work. Just a few loose ends to tie up

14. Joker

Joker New Member

15. Joker

Joker New Member

This is the dump

16. Heiny

Heiny Member

Looks like it works.
    Nice shop!!

17. Ohkei Dohkei

Ohkei Dohkei Active Member

Nice work!

18. SAITCHO

SAITCHO Active Member

Good job , looks pretty clean!!! I plan to build a dump bed when my truck gets here can you tell me what size and wall thickness tubing you used for the main frame?

19. Joker

Joker New Member

I used 3/16 square tubing which is way overkill. 1/8 inch is plenty,you could use smaller to keep it light. Remember you should only put 750-800 lbs in the box.

20. ARMIN WENDT

ARMIN WENDT New Member

Fantastic work, I would have bought one of those as a kit from you! Always hard to find...

21. Joker

Joker New Member

Hard to sell a kit unless it is the same year mini truck. But I would gladly help you however I can.

22. ARMIN WENDT

ARMIN WENDT New Member

Very generous! Would have hit you up a while ago when I was looking for these scissor / dumps. Now I have two! Selling one. Very hard to find units, so might be a market for adding this feature to regular trucks and dumps? Are you going to add outriggers as well?

23. Joker

Joker New Member

I’ll use square tubing for my rear bumper. Then I can slide adjustable outriggers into the bumper.

24. Jim Nelson

Jim Nelson Active Member

I used Harbor Freight jacks that they sell for engine lifts on mine and they worked fine.I sold the truck a while back but the guy that bought it is real happy with them even though he bad mouths H.F. all the time.

25. Joker

Joker New Member

If you have kids or grand kids working in your shop, you need Harbor Freight tools. You don’t care so much if they lose them.

26. SAITCHO

SAITCHO Active Member

Is that 2x3 tubing on the main scissor frame? I want to build my dump bed to be able to dump 1500 LBS.

27. Joker

Joker New Member

Yes. That’s twice the weight recommendation for the truck. Careful not to bend the rear end casing.

28. SDK1968

SDK1968 Active Member

sweet looking adaptation!

29. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

I built my bumpers out of square tubing, and bought four extended length 2000-lb rated trailer tongue jacks, (truck weighs 2200 with me in the seat), as out riggers. They are setup on reciever hitch brackets so I can just slide them in to the ends of the bumper.

Swapped from winter to summer tires yesterday, by jacking up all four corners.
    https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Jack/Bulldog/BD158151.html