1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JDM Parts sources

Discussion in 'Mini Lounge' started by Ohkei Dohkei, Jun 8, 2019.

1. Ohkei Dohkei

Ohkei Dohkei Active Member

I've been trying to order parts for my Sambar. Weird parts like a/c expansion valve, O-rings, dryer, etc. Not stuff available by the domestic folks. I've emailed Yokohama motors and Japan parts and it took 3 days for JP to get back to me, and we've been emailing back and forth every 2 days for over a week now, and I still can't get an answer on how to place the order. Yokohama hasn't even emailed me back. Anyone have any other credible solutions? I've lost 10 days and still don't have parts on the way..

2. Botl01

Botl01 Active Member

I used Japanparts.com when I ordered all the coolant hoses for my Sambar. I looked up the parts I needed on JP-carparts.com and provided a list of part numbers for Japanparts to quote.

The process did take a few days of emails and since I had more than 10 items to quote I had to put up a deposit. But the parts arrived in about 10 days and all fit perfectly.

3. matt167

matt167 Active Member

Megazip.net and Partsouq are good click and order places. If you want cheaper, you can try https://en.impex-jp.com/ since they will also cross to aftermarket parts. I got my clutch for my Jimny through them at about half of OEM shipped since it's an ASIN clutch.

http://niparts.com/ will break an OEM part number into applicable aftermarkets so you can see what might be available in USA by searching. Europe also has versions of the Sambar

4. Ohkei Dohkei

Thanks, I'll check it out.

5. fmartin_gila

fmartin_gila Well-Known Member

I'll second Matt 167 on Megazip. I have bought some items from other sources, Megazip may turn out to be a bit more expensive but for the best all around experience, I fall back on them as they have all parts available and some do not have full availability of needed pieces.

Fred

6. Ohkei Dohkei

I think I finally have my parts coming, but it's been quite an ordeal. I've never been chastised for ordering parts before. I'll try Megazip next time!