JDM KEI Truck Auctions

Discussion in 'Mini Lounge' started by Ted Diehl, Jan 12, 2024.

1. Ted Diehl

Ted Diehl Member

So I am looking to import a 1999 Sambar (Why 1999? Because that is when they all came with EFI). I've signed up for accounts on several auction sites. I put in my criteria and I seem to be seeing the same trucks over and over again. This is a waste of my time. I have a search criteria s but no matter, I keep seeing trucks which do not meet my search criteria. Is it possible to tell these auction sites to only send me new listing that meet my criteria?

2. Ronin

Ronin Active Member Supporting Member

Are you listing your criteria in Japanese?
    You will probably need someone here in Japan to help you if you want to import directly.

3. Ted Diehl

Ted Diehl Member

I bought my Kei Mini Truck on January 18 2024. I'm still waiting to get space on a ship and get it to the West Coast - Port of Long Beach. They keep telling my there is no space yet.

4. Ronin

Ronin Active Member Supporting Member

Good deal, what did you get? And ya... shipping has been tough lately.

Cheers.

5. Ted Diehl

Ted Diehl Member

1999 Subaru Sambar w/AC and 4WD. Grade 4 on inspection sheet. It's been sitting in an open air parking lot Since I bought it in January. I'm not sure it's going to be worth anything by the time it finally ships because of being exposed to the elements. It's going to rust, the battery will be ruined and who knows what how much rust will build up inside the cylinders. I'm totally disgusted about the entire experience. I keep hearing from the company I used to purchase the car at Auction is "No space Available to Port of Long Beach on any ship yet"

6. Ted Diehl

Ted Diehl Member

So this morning I received an email that my Mini Truck has found a spot on a ship and will arrive on July 12th 2024. It has been sitting in an open air storage lot since January 18 2024. I can't believe it has taken so long. I am wondering what it looks like after sitting nearly 6 months - Probably has flat tires and the battery is destroyed. Well, I will update this upon arrival.