1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Japanese to English Translations, Please?

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by Schick, Feb 25, 2009.

1. Schick

Schick Member

Assuming I can figure out how to post pictures, I wonder if anyone out there would be kind enough to translate some of the stickers on my Mazda truck for me. I appreciate any help I can get.

It's for my new truck (not a mini, but still a great JDM).
    [​IMG]

This sticker appears to have something to do with a strange pedal on the floor that might be a Jake brake or compression brake:
    [​IMG]

I found these next two on the driver's side doorjam:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks to anyone that can assist me.

2. Windmill

Windmill Member

Really like the 4 doors. What year is this?

3. Schick

Schick Member

I needed a four door. Sometimes I have to hual the crew, and sometimes my spouse and child. It should come in real handy. It's a 1991 by the way.

I still feel a little awkward posting about as it isn't really a mini. One day I hope to have it pulling a mini (or two) out to my favorite hunting areas.

I researched a little on the larger doorjam pic and found that these are tire specs in standard and not metric. So instead of the section measured in mils, like 165, it's in inches, like 6.50. So, 6.50-15-8PRLT is a 6.5 inch (6.5 X 25.4 is 165.1 mm) wide tire on a 15 inch wheel. the 8PRLT is an old ply rating. I beleive the more recent ratings are load ratings represented by letters. I found that:

• 6 = C = 50 PSI load pressure
    • 8 = D = 65 PSI load pressure
    • 10 = E = 80 PSI load pressure

I also found that kgf/cm2 is tire pressure measured in force. I had to look online and find a converter, so:
    • 3.25 kgf/cm2 = 46.22 PSI
    • 3.75 kgf/cm2 = 53.40 PSI
    • 4.50 kgf/cm2 = 64.00 PSI

These numbers definitely jive with the PR (load) ratings. I just wish I knew what the double KGF/CM2 columns mean.

The other sticker has no alpha-numeric for me to even begin deciphering. I am definitely wondering what the symbols in red represent.

4. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

Probably front tire pressure/rear tire pressure.

-Greg

5. Schick

Schick Member

Ya, I thought of that, but the front wheels are 15" while the rear (duallies) are 13".

Had this been in a foreign language that used alpha characters, like french, german, etc, I could have used google's translation services, but the japanese symbols are just too tough.

6. oldsnowman

oldsnowman Member

i don't know its pretty smalland cool :D think the numbers after the tire size is in "bar" some japanese tires have both psi and bar same as euro tires, its a euro thing. i can't remember what the convertion is but if you look up tire pressure i think you might find it there, or try a euro tire site...most passinger cars psi is 35psi so if you find a paessenger tire with a "bar" rating then you can see what the relation is. :)

HTH
    Wyatt

7. Diesel Gypsy

Diesel Gypsy New Member

Pressure measured kg/sq. cm is easy to remember because 1 kg/sq. cm = 1 atmosphere or about 14.5 lbs/sq. in.

So just multiply the pressure on your label (kg/sq. cm.) by 14.5 lbs/sq. in. (atmosphere) to get PSI.

Hope this helps:)

8. Schick

Schick Member

oldsnowman:
    It could be bar even though the english lettering shows kgf/cm2 (kilograms of force per square centimeter). 3.25 bar is equal to about 47 psi at sea level. Maybe on column is BAr and the other is KGF/CM2.

Diesel Gypsy:
    The multiplier of 14.55 seems pretty darn accurate too. The conversion amounts I posted earlier (eg. 3.25 = 46.22 psi) have a multiplier of about 14.22, so 14.55 and 14.22 are close enough for me. I am just puzzled why there seems to be 2 "kilograms of force per square centimeter" for the 15 inch tires and 2 "kilograms of force per square centimeter" columns for the 13 inch tires.

I wish I knew some japanese folks.

9. Schick

Schick Member

Thanks a whole lot. Email sent.

10. give me a few days it is the weekend over there but should get something next week

11. Yamagata ken

Yamagata ken Guest

According to the missus, the top sticker is "up for normal operation, and down for something to do with water". Whatever that is.

The second column for pressure is for "W cab".

The third sticker is warning not to put anything flammable near the exhaust.

12. Just emailed you the translation let me know if you cannot open the attachment

13. Schick

Schick Member

Thanks everybody for helping me out. You guys are great.

It's nice to know what this all means.

Up for Normal and down for Water/Submergence. Apparently it's an engine gas suction shift lever. How cool is that? This must be for some pretty big puddles. :eek:

The second air pressure column for "W" cab makes sense I guess. I assume "W" is the regular cab, so in that case, less pressure on the 15's (front) and more on the 13's (rear). My crew chassis is an "N", so that must require more pressure up front and less on the rear, as the box is shorter.

Of course the engine/exhaust caution sticker makes sense.

Thanks again everybody for the posts and the email attachment. Now I will have to get things in gear and create a better info website at mazdatitan.com so I can share this info with anyone else crazy enough to buy one of these little buggers.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2009
  14. oldsnowman

oldsnowman Member

ya you are right...they would put info on the truck so no matter where it went people would know what it means...because they are in a lot of countries :)
    wyatt

15. cabinmini

cabinmini Member

"Up for Normal and down for Water/Submergence. Apparently it's an engine gas suction shift lever. How cool is that? This must be for some pretty big puddles."

Hmmmm:confused:? Do you think that they drove that sucker over from Japan;)? Not sure where they would fill up though:D.
    Jim

16. Here, I translated it for you

Fist sticker (W201)
    Normal lever position is up
    Engine intake duct control lever

Second Sticker

Tire Pressure Guide (kgf/cm2) (W203)=Mazda sticker part#

Front Tire Size (W Cab)= Wide Cab) Rear Tire Size (W Cab)= Wide Cab)
    The pressures given indicate empty vehicle (no cargo or passengers) when checking pressure

Third sticker:W047 Beware that the induction pipe is made of burnable materials. Be careful!

Pretty strange stickers…..LOL.

Cheers,
    Don

17. Schick

Schick Member

Thanks.

I wonder what the hell a Wide cab is ? ? ?

I forgot to mentione that I threw together a web page to share this with anyone else out there.
    Thanks again to all the folks that helped.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2009
  18. Wide Cab (W Cab) in Japanese does not mean width, it means extented (cab). Example: normal= 2 doors or W= extended or 4 doors.
    Cheers,
    Don

19. Schick

Schick Member

Great to know, thanks. I just learned that mine is a W.

Man, I have a lot to learn.

20. Yes its fun learning. The "W" printed on the stickers means your truck is a W "Extended Cab". Other people trying to find out what their vehicles are is to look at the sticker part numbers. The first letter usually states the vehicle type.

Cheers,
    Don