1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It runs again EN07

Discussion in 'Subaru Sambar' started by David Ogden, Jun 3, 2019.

1. David Ogden

David Ogden Member

Finally got my engine rebuilt. Took over 2 weeks to get the crank turned and at the same time waiting for thrust bearings, they don't come with a main bearing set. Got the crank and the bearings last friday. Was away Saturday so I got the crank installed Sunday and put the rest of it together this morning. Started up when it got fuel to the carb and sounds good. Now I have rust issues to deal with. The frame cross member in front of the drive train is bad rusty, got it cleaned out and am going to fill it with engine block filler (used for drag racing). The coolant pipe that Has a T in the front has been mostly replaced with a heavy hose but it's leaking near the T, will have to take it apart and see what I can rig up.

2. Maximal

Maximal Active Member

frames hit and miss, i wash my frame winters weekly but by spring theres still surface rust. going to try POR 15 on the entire frame and front subframe for this winter

3. David Ogden

David Ogden Member

This cross member was full of mud and rusted from the inside out, the rest of the frame except one place is OK.

4. Epicurus

Epicurus New Member

Do you have any details on machining the crank shaft? My machinist is saying mine is not grindable, but I'm wondering if he might change his tune with more information.

5. Limestone

Limestone Well-Known Member

I use Eastwood's rust encapsulator! I'm very happy with it!
    Limestone