1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ISO Airbox for 1994 Suzuki Carry

Discussion in 'Trade-A-Part' started by N. Idaho Mini, Mar 3, 2021.

1. N. Idaho Mini

N. Idaho Mini New Member

Hello everyone, I am new here and new to the mini-truck game as well (sorry for skipping the introduction), but I just picked up a '94 suzuki carry DD51T from a guy in my hometown.

The truck had been sitting outside for a couple of years because he decided to have the carb swapped out because he felt like it wasn't starting as easy as it should be. Well the carb-swap was never accomplished, so the vehicle sat until I bought it this week! The airbox and carb were not installed when I purchased the vehicle, but the original carb, the spare carb, and the airbox were all sitting inside the cab.

I didn't realize it at the time, but the lid /door for the airbox is missing, as well as the wing-bolt that secures the lid/door to the airbox case. I didn't think it would be that difficult to find a spare, but looks like the cheapest airbox replacement (including the lid/door, which is what I really need) is around $75 out of Japan with shipping close to $175.

Before I bite the bullet and order the replacement airbox from Japan, I figured I would give this a shot and see if I could find someone with a spare airbox assembly sitting around, or possibly a rig that they are parting out with one in it that they have no use for.

Open to ideas as well, and I appreciate any help that you may offer!

2. Ronin

Ronin Active Member Supporting Member

Eh... get some silicone hose and throw a cone filter on. Nice noises too zoom zoom.

Might have to fab a bracket, or something.

3. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

Check eBay for used parts in North America. There are a couple of folks on there who dismantle minitrucks. They may not have one listed, but if you ask, they can pull one.

Call G&R Imports and talk to them about it. They used to buy containers of cuts, and pull parts.

4. N. Idaho Mini

N. Idaho Mini New Member

Thanks for the advice, I will check eBay and try to find a seller to get into contact with, so far nothing listed as you said. I will try G&R imports as well.

Appreciate it!