1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is There Anybody Here From Moose Jaw?

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by GngrBrdMn, Sep 8, 2009.

1. GngrBrdMn

GngrBrdMn New Member

Howdy all, have been interested in these trucks for quite awhile, but having a Dickens of a time trying to locate one around the Moose Jaw area.

Now that I have gathered up the cash in the bank, all the dealers around here seem to have vanished, except for the fellow in Regina, but they seem on the pricey side. Roughly 2 grand more than any other place I have looked.

Looks like I am playing the waiting game for awhile.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2009
  2. Where the hell is moose jaw???:sly:

3. Tinytoy

Tinytoy Member

:rolleyes:Jeez thought everyone new where Moosejaw was:rolleyes:
    Its one of the weird arsed names that we have for towns and cities up here in Saskatchewan. ( say that fast three times in a row after a few wobblypops:eek:)

4. Tinytoy

Tinytoy Member

Have you tried Minibrutes? They are a site sponsor and the place I bought my Carry and Delica from....There that should knock a few bucks off my next purchase!

5. GngrBrdMn

GngrBrdMn New Member

Howdy, yes I checked their website, looks like only 3 for sale. The one that was kind of interesting is a tad too pricey. Thanks for the input though it is much appreciated.

I did end up taking a trip down to Assiniboia to look at the trucks from the Triple S website. I was rather disappointed however when we turned the corner and saw the truck lot.

It was completely empty and there is a For Sale sign on the building.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2009
  6. Stuff99

Stuff99 Moderator Staff Member

howdy. im in Estevan. from moose jaw, there is keesha in asinaboia (http://www.betterthanquads.com/), actually 2 dealers there, there is flatlanders and probably one or 2 more in regina, then in stoon there is minibrutes. and in yorkton there is another guy.

triple s enterprises in assinaboia is where we got our trucks. was it a giant white building like you see in the background of some of his pictures(http://www.betterthanquads.com/Property for Sale.htm)? should be off the main road in assinaboia. i noticed alot of stuff on his site is marked as sold.

7. GngrBrdMn

GngrBrdMn New Member

Hi Stuff, yes I drove to Assiniboia last week after finding the Triple S web site, the lot is empty and the building is empty with a For Sale sign on it. I phoned probably 20 times over the last two weeks, it goes straight to voice mail. I would have to say that fellow has closed up shop.

I am originally from Assiniboia and yes it was the old Tips Tire building on the corner of 2nd Ave and 1st St.

The other dealership is TDC Automotive, they had one Honda truck sitting there that I may yet call about.

I have only found the one dealer in Regina Flatlanders, and did not like the shape the trucks were in and the prices were very high. If you know of another dealer in Regina that would be super.

8. Kei King

Kei King Member

We would be happy to have more customers from Sask.

We have nice clean trucks starting at CAD $4k. No ripped seats or bagged out interiors.

Shipping to Saskatoon or Regina is approx $650.

Don't foget to budget approx $500 for provincial inspection + compliance parts.

9. Stuff99

sad to hear he closed up. wonder why.

10. GngrBrdMn

GngrBrdMn New Member

Howdy again stuff, I just got back from Assiniboia looking at the Honda trucks, they actually had 3 at TDC, not bad, but a bit on the cramped side for me.

From talking with some people in town, they say a semi pulled up to Triple S a few weeks ago and the remaining trucks were loaded up and hauled out. Word on the street says that the fellow has skipped town, and is long gone.

Kei King, I have looked at your website and you do have some vehicles that I would definitely be interested in, however, as you said, throw an extra 1200 bones on the price, and wait for arrival etc.

I just would not be comfortable purchasing a truck sight unseen from a thousand miles away.

I do believe I will start looking at some regular quarter tons now, Winter is coming again.

11. Meesho

Meesho Member

I heard his trucks mysteriously rust out shortly after buying them...... the paint falls off too...... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: GngrBrdMn should thank you for referring him to such a solid dealership.

12. Kei King

Kei King Member

Lol*******

13. GngrBrdMn

GngrBrdMn New Member

Kei King, dang you do have some nice looking trucks at decent prices. Have you ever shipped to Regina before? If so how long does it generally take? Also I have no idea what is involved in a Sask Money Gra.. er Safety, is there a possibility that a truck would not pass?

I am starting to consider this after I took another look at your site, and read some of your helpful posts on here.

14. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

Something tells me that the provincial inspection isn't a walk in the park.

15. Meesho

Meesho Member

The dealers in SK like to have you believe it's the equivalent of a frame off restoration.

16. MiniBrutes

MiniBrutes Member

Yes, there is a 100% possibility the truck wont pass. No truck will pass inspection as they come from KKing. They will all require work.

And to clarify some things:

Triple S has a business opportunity out of the country and is therefor moving. One of those "dream jobs". I dont blame him.
    We have some of his inventory on his behalf on our lot. They have not been posted to the website yet. We will likely be taking on his remaining parts inventory as well to still take care of his customers.

Doug is a fantastic guy and will be missed by us, thats for sure.

Meesho - you are an idiot. I dont know if you have ever made constructive post on this site. (Ok, I did find 1 constructive post.) Get lost. I will personally refund your donation for supporting the site if you wish.

17. GngrBrdMn

GngrBrdMn New Member

Ok, well that clarifies the Triple S mystery, Doug may have wanted someone in the town to know what happened, as there is a lot of bad talk about him on the streets down there right now. Just saying, my brother and I went down today, talked to a few people, and there are some bad vibes going on.

But, if he has gone to greener pastures, good for him. Sad though that last week I had cash in pocket and traveled down. Would have been nice if his website at least reflected what was going on.

So the Sask inspection thing does sound like more hassle than it is worth. Good to know.

Back to pounding the streets, however it is looking more and more like a sad regular truck will appear in our driveway.

18. Kei King

Kei King Member

Speak for yourself man.

The last 8 vehicles I safetied in various provinces passed right through 100% of the time. No mechanical defects.

If you bothered to even read POST #8, I told the poster that compliance parts (tires, reflectors etc) will need to be added.

19. Meesho

Meesho Member

I heard Mini Brutes bought out Triple S so there is less competetion in SASK.

20. MiniBrutes

MiniBrutes Member

Yes, KK, I realize that, but I dont think he understood that he would have to do the mods himself. Thats why I put "as they come".

Meesho - please re-read my previous post. This applies to KK as well, since you and Meesho are 1 in the same.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2009
  21. Stuff99

ah, well i know doug talked about california and trucking and so forth. seemed the 'man' came down on him for his soda blasting company and since then its been hard to make a go.

and yes the safety thing is no walk in the friggin park! currently getting a bus safety done at a local garage in town. okay it needed rear brakes, no doubt. but they complained about a clearance light not working and wipers were not good enough. the little things. but the big thing that is irking me right now is they say that something is wrong with the steering. tried saying something about it was 'locking up when you turned it' i tried to get them to show me what they meant but they just moved the wheel back and forth and it kinda hesitated a bit once. i just think the level was down for power steering fluid.. like i drove it 1000 miles home and it never 'locked up' on me.

but back on topic, a safety is not easy. you will have to shell out some cash for some reason even if it is a simple as a wheel alignment.

22. GngrBrdMn

GngrBrdMn New Member

Howdy Minibrutes, I sent you a message, but maybe you didn't get it...

Good Day:

Your posting indicated that you may be in possession of some of the stock from Triple S.

There was 2 or 3 that I was very interested in, and would still be willing to purchase one if available.
    --------------------------------------
    1991 Subaru Sambar High Cab
    Reconditioned
    Comes with canvas hood
    Will have new paint
    A/C, 4x4, 4 cyl.
    94,000 km

Was $7900 Now $6200
    -------------------------------------
    1992 Subaru Sambar 4x4, 4 cyl.
    Reconditioned
    A/C
    85,000 km

Was $7500
    ON SALE NOW $5900
    -------------------------------------
    1991 Subaru Sambar 4x4, 4 cyl.
    Low mileage engine
    New seats
    Original silver paint
    Shown with optional 13" white spoke wheels
    75,000 km

Was $7300 ON SALE NOW $6200
    --------------------------------------

I am a tall bugger, just over 6 3 and would like something that my knees don't scrape on the dash.
    A jumbo cab would be nice, and ac would definitely be a plus. 4x4 is necessary as we live on an acreage that can get snowed in a might.

Let me know what you can do please.

23. Stuff99

lol im 6'6" and not exactly small. I know i fit in the subaru!!

24. Stuff99

so how's the shopping going GngrBrdMn?

apparently a few people from town have been wondering about doug to. I told them that mini brutes took over his stock so you might get some calls!!

I checked up on that inspection today, ya they over reacted. not a thing wrong with the steering, it was a loose belt! but I still needed the brakes done regardless.

25. Stuff99

bit of an update. Doug sent me a message that he is still open, just sold lots of truck and so they keep the remaining ones inside after hours and weekend. I know he had a problem with vandalism.

Hi Stuff,

If you look on our website, you will see that our property is for sale so we can build a new shop to expand our sandblasting business. The reason our lot was empty is because sales all of a sudden took off and we sold 10 vehicles in a 2 week period. We still have a few trucks left, but they are kept inside when we are closed(on weekends) plus I have been working getting ready to set up the new shop, so I am away from the old shop quite a lot. But we are still open, still stock parts and do service work.

Doug

26. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

My truck came from Kei King and was exactly as he described it. yes I did have to change tires and rewire the front marker lights so they would come on with the ignition,but I expected to need to do a few tiny things for safety..Mechanically and cosmetically it was better than expected and I found no problems,and would not hesitate to buy from him again. I'm not favouring him over any other dealers on here as I haven't dealt with them ,I am just stating I had a positive experience with KK

27. GngrBrdMn

GngrBrdMn New Member

Well, that took a long time. I actually took quite sick for a very long time and am now getting back on my feet. And I finally found a mini truck in Moose Jaw. Apparently it originally came from Assiniboia (Sask Safety papers), then went up to Saskatoon (minibrutes decals and keychain), and ended up at a little dealership in Moose Jaw.
    We now own a 1991 Subaru Sambar, for 3 whole days so far. A nice little truck, but it has some quirks to be sure, still trying to figure out why it loses top end power when you have the air filter installed?

28. Stuff99

congrats!!

do some searching. I believe it has to do with some holes being plugged in the air box or something.

29. GngrBrdMn

GngrBrdMn New Member

Thanks for the reply, still sorry I was such a long time joining the club, but health first they tell me.

I got tired of looking for the problem so took the truck back where I got it. They did not know much to try mechanically so offered a different truck instead. This one runs a lot better, but the 4x4 button will not stay down, and there is no indicator light on the dash. I figured I would have better luck with that problem than the poor running.

They do have a line on the guy from Assiniboia who originally sold them and told me that they will make it work one way or another. Either stripping parts off the one we took back, or having the Assiniboia guy ship some up.
    But anyways, we can drive around decently again, and on that note, off to take a load of branches to the dump.

30. Stuff99

well happy you are happy! should put a picture up of that lil guy.