1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is my Dip Stick Lying to me?

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by okaufman, Jun 4, 2011.

1. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

ultra 8 is made in China...I have used them on my Daihatsu Mira (get em for $1.50 no tax:D) and they seem well made...

2. Arcticmini

Arcticmini Member

Engine sludge

Add some automatic transmision fluid to the engine oil and run the truck like normal for a day prior to changing the oil. That's should remove alot of the built up sludge

3. fupabox

Well....was making a vid of this little comparison..had all the filters off and lined up in the garage to be put back on in proper order for the video...dropped the Napa Gold and dented the rim near the seal...:frustration: so I grabbed a carquest (made by wix ) and did the comparison...lost the footage of the toughgaurd (think I somehow erased it.??)..no matter..believe me it ticked to hell and was the reason for this whole waste of $:)....here's the video...oil was changed 3 days prior...both filters brand new
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFQpPWg24dE

4. fupabox

15/40 diesel oil has a lot more detergents in it as well and will gently clean out your internals...doctors orders don't take internally:D
    Rotella -t for 2 oil changes last year and my Hijet looks like new under the valve cover when I did my valve adjustment last week.:)

5. Little Foot

Little Foot Member

I bid thee fairwell!!! I just sold my Little Foot dd51T. Good bye and good luck!

Last edited: Aug 10, 2011
  6. fupabox

that sucks..hate to see ya go:(......take care

7. okaufman

okaufman Member

why did you sell? i thought you were a mini trucker for life!

8. Little Foot

Little Foot Member

Somedody wanted it more than me. Had fun with you guys! I will help when I can with what I remember. Remember every minute you spend angry is a minute of happiness lost for ever!!!!

9. fupabox

Frammed again!!

It's my own fault (again) I didn't ask what filter was going in because I thought all the cartridge filter (even Fram) were made in Europe.....wrong...Going into a burger joint and the garage next door had a $19.95 oil and filter change..asked if they had a filter for my old Mercedes and they said no problem..was done before we finished eating. 8000km later (all highway so I stretch my intervals a bit if the oil is still clean)...the following video is what I found...again a freaking Fram and a failed one at that:frustration::frustration:...my fault for not asking the filter brand...:frustration:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqsn7CH0a8Q

10. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

Did you check the part number on that. Looks like the filter may of been too long and was smashed when it was installed. Just a thought.

Bummer,
    Greg

11. fupabox

yeah that was my first thought as well...exact same as the dealer one I installed though...looks like it collapsed internally pushing the one side up then the oil pressure from the bottom hammered it till it broke...some kind of fibre mixture of plastic and cardboard?

12. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

Wow. That's pretty shocking.