1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Introduction

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by wes treleaven, Jun 9, 2021.

1. wes treleaven

wes treleaven New Member

Hi there mini truck community. I recently purchased my first mini truck! Its a project to say the least. I am in Ile Des Chenes, Manitoba, Canada and am looking forward to picking up some contacts and recommendations.

For starters. I am realizing the automatic transmission Carry i bought is a bit of a rarity(the automatic part). I bought it knowing that it had some transmission issues but didn't realize parts would be so hard to find.

My issue is that in drive and 2nd the truck wont move. In low it will drive. They i can shift into D once i am going then it kicks in very slowly. I dropped the pan and the trans filter was filled with all types of metal and plastic. NOT A GOOD SIGN!

So now I am trying to source an auto parts vehicle or just a transmission. Or someone local that might be able to help rebuild.

Any help or suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks!!

Wes

2. fmartin_gila

fmartin_gila Well-Known Member

You might give this some serious thought - Manual Transmission. Over the years, I have changed over many vehicles of all types to manual from auto. Find a close match in a junkyard and get needed pieces (Trans, Driveshaft, Clutch, Flywheel, Pedal Cluster, Shifter control & anything else related). Most every vehicle with a auto has a manual counterpart vehicle so parts are available, just be sure to get everything needed to make it a simple bolt-on conversion.

Just something to think about if what you need is too hard.

Fred

Limestone likes this.
  3. wes treleaven

wes treleaven New Member

Thanks Fred! I have been considering that also. Hard to find a donor truck here in Manitoba. If I can find a decently priced one somewhere i will surely do that. I'm searching for any and all options!

Thanks,

Wes