1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Introducing Mid South Sokon, become a dealer today!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Mid_South_Sokon, Jan 21, 2010.

1. Mr. Obvious

Mr. Obvious Guest

Ode to the Chinese truck

The trucks look really cool
    And they are made very quickly

Using stolen tools
    All done very slickly

They run until they break
    Nothing original, nothing new

Poor quality is all we make
    Using stolen trademarks by the slew

We assemble for 80 cents an hour
    No education, no work rules

Nobody fights the power
    You buy our crap. You are a fool

We are watched by looters of liberty, and other crooks
    But, our buildings and equipment are all paid in full

We accept migrants, farmers and masons from any nook
    We have all of your money and that’s no bull

It looks almost finished we can go
    let's change our Yuan for some real dough

If you have a problem, too bad for you
    The only thing we guarantee is the view

What view? The view of you bending over to kiss your assets good-bye.

Mr. Obvious

2. I will be contacting you Ed this week. Here is a picture from our video shoot. I will post the you tube link to it as soon as its done.

[​IMG]

3. Mr. Obvious

Mr. Obvious Guest

Weirrd! steering wheel is on left side!!

4. Stuff99

Stuff99 Moderator Staff Member

lol will RHD be an option? i dont think it woudl feel right to drive it LHD after having my toyota soooo long lol

5. Stuff 99

2WD and 4WD are available. We also have a line of minibusses and cargo vans that will be available later this summer/fall. I will post those later as cleared by legal.

6. Forgive me all, but I have ignored several people who post, so I dont see them. I take it that some kid who posts on here was trying to be funny? Regardless, most serious people here have my number and contact info, but just let me know if theres something I need to address.

Thanks so much!

7. Mr. Obvious

Mr. Obvious Guest

Hay thnx gung ho! I take back most of the things I said about you.

8. Here are some close ups of our truck in our parking lot. This one is unlike the proto-type we did in the orange/red camo
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 13, 2010
  9. Dude, WAAAAAY to close up, I can't even see anything, shrink them a bit

10. dieseldogsdad

dieseldogsdad Member

Nice looking truck but I would be leary. I was thinking of getting a Joyner buggy made in China by a USA company, until they closed their doors in February. You can still buy whats left in dealerships for real cheap, but you won't be able to get parts for them once what is in stock is gone. After being in the US for years the Japanese mini trucks are still hard to find parts for and they were manufactured for a long time and still are. I can only imagine how hard it would be to find parts if a new company went out of business after only a couple of years in operation. Team Joyner USA made many of the same claims on their website up until the begining of the year. But thats just IMO.

BTW Mr. Obvious keep up the good work. Everyone needs to lighten up and enjoy some comedy in their day.

11. Of course you should be leary.

Its your money. We live in a time where the government and the banking system have stolen more money from us then all the bad car dealers in the world put together.

But to use the logic that you should be leary of this because of a bad choice you made from another company is not exactly true.

With your same logic then you would also have to agree that since 90 percent of mass murders are white, that all white people are homicidal maniacs, or that since 80 percent of petty crime are committed by black people that all black people are radio stealing rapists. Neither of these are true.

Be cautious, its a dangerous world. But please dont stereotype we have enough of that as it is today.

If you are serious about becoming a dealer, I can show you our parts network/distribution center and how it all works, and our contracts with our company in China. We are fully bonded/insured/etc in America, not China. Our company has to adhere to all business laws of the USA.

I am, as always, fully available for anyone to communicate too.

By the way, Team Joyner went out of biz because they had zero cash, and relied heavily on credit. When the market seized up, so did their financial lifeline. Our company uses credit as any other company, but not to that extent.

12. zardoz

zardoz Member

What is the switch for that is shown to the left of the shifter?

z

13. Ironraven

Ironraven Active Member

Damn dude, you need a staff photographer! If you're ever in Northern Minnesota I'll take some better pics for ya if you let me take one for a spin :)

14. So I first post all the professional photo shoot pics and then everyone says..."Where are all the regular photos at?" So I do this and now you want something more professional.

Please. You guys are killing me.

If any of you ever come to Memphis, email me and we can take it out. Ill even take Mr. Orifice. That is if school is out that day. I think jr high lets out in May, but maybe June depending on snow days.

The switch on the shifter is for the winch, the 2wd/4wd buttons are on the dash. The 4H/4L is under the dash

15. Ironraven

Ironraven Active Member

If I'm ever out in your direction I'll absolutely stop by and bring my DSLR too :).

I wasn't trying to bust your balls dude; but I understand you've been getting some pretty heavy criticism on this forum and I've gotta give you credit for hanging around. The truck looks great, I wish I could afford one!

16. I know bro, I am just joking too :)

I have a nikon d3000. I could make them look better, but then they would look fake, so I am screwed either way. But I could care less what the haters say.

You know when you get that reaction your doing something right. Weve started several dealerships. You will see them out before you know it.

17. Ironraven

Ironraven Active Member

I dig that camo pattern too... although since I want a truck primarily for street use I doubt I'd get a clad kit but it really adds a rugged look to it. You had me chuckling with the jr high comment too lol

18. Tinytoy

Tinytoy Member

Right on! what is the rating on the factory installed winch?? Great Idea BTW!

19. zardoz

zardoz Member

Couldn't agree more...

I for one am a little sick and tired of MO running off at the mouth, perhaps he can lay off for a bit and we might be able to learn a bit more about the new breed of Chinese trucks.... heck even if we can't learn a little about the trucks... maybe he should lay off anyhow???

I feel bad for mid south sokon, since he got he all he has been handed is shlt and abuse... really nice... and oh so mature.

z

Last edited: Apr 20, 2010
  20. renchjeep

renchjeep Member

And kill free speaking? No, I think not. Just remember to post kind or inquisitory comments, not inflammatory BS. If you have a question or comment, please try to refrain from defamation, which MidSouth Sokon has received a lot of. I know this whole site is dedicated to Japanese Minitrucks, but why not at least LOOK at Chinese Minis as well? Maybe they have a different/better product to offer than those in the past? As I said previuosly, not a big fan of Chinese products, but at least give them a look! Not trying to stir up sh!t. Especially old sh!t.

21. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

Yeah. Im pretty tired of these pointless posts too. 45 posts of worthless garbage. From here on out the posts will be deleted that are off topic in this thread. If that can't be controled I will be forced to lock the thread or even better maybe ban some members LOL. :D

-Greg

22. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

Wow....yeah I hadn't checked in on this thread for quite a while. Sorry guys, I agree with Greg, enough is enough.

23. igotit

igotit Guest

any update on this subject?

24. DWils

DWils Member

I, too, would like to know. I know this thread is almost 8 years old, but I clicked on the link in the first post, and it took me to a page that said that the website does not exist, but I can search for similar websites or buy that one. I guess that company is no longer around. Shame, really, but I guess that's how things go sometimes.