1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Introducing Mid South Sokon, become a dealer today!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Mid_South_Sokon, Jan 21, 2010.

1. Hello All!

I would like to show you our new line of mini truck. Mid South Sokon is an exclusive distributor of the new 4 Door 4x4 Sokon.

Do you want to become a dealer?

Gas or Electric Model
    40 MPG
    4 DR 4 Seater
    AMFM CD
    Air Heat

[​IMG]

New company, taking orders and setting up dealers now.

Website info is limited but being constructed.

Call now!

Lets do business!

Last edited: Feb 10, 2010
  2. draggbody

draggbody Member

you must buy a membership to sell products... nice first post... :rolleyes:

3. Yes, I did, purchased before I posted.

4. Ketzer

Ketzer Member

You must give a local one of your vehicles to demo before you can post here...:D

Seriously though, If you've got any inventory on the floor, I wouldn't mind stopping by and eyeballing them? Shoot me a PM.

Jeff-

5. PM sent! Thanks for your response

6. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

Nice looking truck......street legal? epa certified?..crash tested?

7. Thanks, we have spent over 4 years with some of the best engineers in China to refine this model. LSV. Right now we have 2wd (electric,gas) and a 4wd in gas model. Our gas models get close to 400 miles per tank.

8. By the way, all three sides come down as you requested. The picture is the short bed where the sides DONT come down. The long bed or short bed are the same price. The truck beds can also be switched out to dump truck bed and scissor lift.

Check out my photo album. Our shipments off the boat are all gone this go around, but I have a couple that I will be making videos with soon, until our next orders come to the states.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. starpuss

starpuss Member

dam i wish you can buy the in Canada. !

10. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

Only available in Automatic? :frustration:

Also, FYI, you may want to proof read the chart in the .pdf. Unless you really mean that the passenger capacity is reallly 1.1 litres ;) :)

11. Stuff99

Stuff99 Moderator Staff Member

Last edited: Jan 22, 2010
  12. If you notice, if you click the above site

My parent company is the SOLE distributor for the USA for this model.

Thanks for the info on the typo, oops. Things are really moving and that slipped by us. Were still working on some wording for the pdf and the site.

We leave again for China Monday to finalize some agreements, and then we will have more info and links for our 4x4 accessories (bed liners, camo wraps, etc)

13. Ironraven

Ironraven Active Member

Interesting. How are they speed limited? Am I correct in assuming that the street legal models coming in 2010 that the brochure mentions won't be speed limited to 25 mph? If they are EPA approved, why are they limited to 25 mph? Just curious...

14. Ironraven

Ironraven Active Member

Why do they have to have a governor if they are EPA approved?

15. They are registered LSV, they have VINS, and they can be titled and tagged

Hope this helps, and sorry I couldnt be informative

16. Ironraven

Ironraven Active Member

Hey, no problem I'm still trying to understand the legality of the industry myself. I was under the impression that the only reason trucks coming into the country needed to be limited to 25 mph was that they didn't meet EPA regs and therefore were registered as off road only vehicles and must be limited to 25 mph, so it seemed strange to me that your brand new trucks that did meet EPA regs would be limited as well.

17. Honestly, its hard to even advertise something as being street legal, because some states you can not register them on the streets and some you can. For instance, Ariz and Oklahoma, they can be put on the streets at a low speed vehicle and some states you cant.

If I ever advertised it as "Street Legal" and you didnt live in a state where you could register it as a low speed vehicle, I could then be sued for false advertisement.

Every state is different, and as we grow and dealers do as well, we will have more direct less legalese information for our customers.

Feel free to ask any questions though, because in todays times, when something new comes along, people are skeptical, as they should be. I will always answer any question and be totally honest with you.

18. Ironraven

Ironraven Active Member

Honestly I'm really excited to see you guys setting up shop and I'm asking questions based on my own efforts to legalize mini trucks in my state, not really because I'm skeptical of your operation... any extra bit of information helps ya know? Thanks for answering my questions, I really appreciate it. Best of luck with your endeavor, if I'm ever in the market for a new truck I know who to call :)

19. Thanks again, like I said, we have been working on this model for many years and we will be evolving daily. I may post on here one day we have made a breakthrough, 5 months early, or we may have setbacks. But we believe in talking with the real customers who have wants and needs and getting them what they want at a fair price.

Ironraven likes this.
  20. Ironraven

Ironraven Active Member

That's so cool, we need more business owners like you! I may actually know a couple guys who don't want to mess around with the questionable street legality of mini trucks who will probably jump on your truck fast once the street legal ones are available. Will they have the option to have plows mounted etc?

21. Accessories

Well currently we have wraps available, bed liners, scissor lift bed attachment, and a dump truck attachment, that not only goes up and down, but side to side. So right now, were offering status quo, but whose to say.

Before we start selling accessories we need to hammer out our product and make sure everyone knows the truck and service are reliable and trustworthy.

What states do your friends live in? The ones that are waiting for street legal, just curious, please PM me and let me know

22. Ironraven

Ironraven Active Member

One lives in MN and the other in WI so I'm pretty sure they aren't legal in either state...

23. Ho do you say your company's name? Is it So Soakum?

24. Web Site Sneak Peek

Fake text is put in to give you an idea, but it is on the way. I know its hard to trust whats in a message board but were putting effor into getting this online.

[​IMG]

25. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

I've honestly never quite understood why we need so many regulations in North America on everthing we do..I can build a home made car in my province (or motorcycle) and as long as it meets the minimum requirements like windshield wipers and a parking brake and light .I can be cruising down the road in a vehicle that will crumble like a wet napkin when hit by a Geo Metro...yet a factory built vehicle cannot be licensed unless it has jumped through a zillion hoops...I know it's all in the name of safety,but if thats the case why can I build my own untested deathtrap? North America and western Europe are on the way to the bottom of the world economy pile,because we have too much government and no idea of personal responsibility. While we sit here with all our cradle to grave protections the developing nations are going to fly by us as they scoop all of our manufacturing ... This is by no means aimed at you Mid South ..I am glad to see a new company coming into the market..The big 3 have done their best to regulate every other competitor away from our shores for years with crash testing and bumper regulations and emmisions ..all in the name of keeping others out of our market.. how does Europe with a much denser population per square mile have so little polution problems when they are mainly driving diesels .. The EPA pushed by the big 3 imposed smog regulations/bumper standards to force small European cars out of the North American market during the first fuel shortage in the 70s..they had no small fuel efficient cars and were not ready to compete with the rest of the world in that regard,so they pushed for regs that others could not justify meeting(aside from a few ..Mercedes,BMW,volkswagon) the others all bailed.The big 3 then made the worst vehicles they had ever produced becuse there was very little competition. I hope this vehicle makes it to market as a viable alternative to huge fuel thirsty trucks...don't get me wrong I love big trucks I just sold my F350 powerstroke crewcab..because I was tired of $200 fill ups..There is nothing wrong with a 450hp dodge ram that can blow most cars away in a drag race,but there needs to be alternatives for people who want more than 11mpg..And I hope we wake up in North America to the reality of the world economy..less legislation,less paperwork,less government. I have owned many businesses in the past and most times the biggest problems were from government regulations..government doesn't create an economy,but it can get in the way of 1.It should free up the playing field and let people grow our economy,create jobs and wealth.....sorry for the rant:eek:....and Mid South ,I hope you pull it off:)

Last edited: Jan 23, 2010
  26. So. Kokon tell me how your company is going to be different than the countless other Chinese companies that have built products, sold them here, then bolted when the quality of the product became an issue.

Every Chinese company that I have ever seen first burns their way into the market by providing good looking, low priced, but poorly built products that no one can get parts for.

How are you going to be different?

27. cheepBeer

cheepBeer Member

maybe..and just a thought, But I think after 4 years in the build with this company/product and investing some deep pockets i think he has more to loose than gain dumping crap on the market cos even though we r climbing out of this Burst economy and people r starting to release that cash that they squirrel'd away. The Days have gone when it used to b buy this, buy that and we will stick it on the card.... and hes probably going to sell PARTS to anybody that owns one wherever and whenever they bought theirs to keep them on the streets to get the company logo about....and Make some Do$h!
    he also seems Quick to reply to people with all there answers which is also good for Business when u r out to make $ome good impressions...Just a thought:D

28. Gung Ho, I understand completely where you are coming from and in life lots of people make assumptions based on other peoples track records. Thats only human, to which I am guilty of too.

What I am offering is for anyone to come down to warehouse where we keep our stock, and see what we have now, until a dealership comes up in your area.

We currently have orders for about 8000 as far as I know and our factory can make up to 130,000 a year. When our website launches we have an artist rendering of our plant, our names, photos, even our engineers with phone numbers to conact them.

I cant really give you my house address here, because I have a wife and two kids, but I will give all dealers my home phone number and my office address.

As a business practice, I always give out my email, mobile, and home phone, and you know what, no one ever calls my home phone, because I answer the other two first.

Our trucks will come with a 1 year warranty, and we will have extended warranties you can purchase for a very low fee. We are currently in talks with getting an extended warranty branch going.

But all in all, there were millions of dollars spent just to engineer this car the way we want it. Our first truck, which I will post later, never even made it out of the country because it was terrible. We had buttons falling off, gear shifters tearing up, it was exactly as you said.

After long discussions, we decided to make the financial plunge and to basically re-engineer this truck from the ground up, using American people who could speak chinese with the Chinese engineers to try to get a product that could take some abuse and work and keep on working. This is actually our 3rd model of the original truck.

Now I am not going to promise you it will run, everyday for the rest of your life, but I will do my best as long as I am here to make sure that we dont become a "fly by night" company.

When the website comes online next week and we make some other final decisions on a few things, we can give you more detailed information. But we are bonded, insured, and fully compliant legally to sell and to service.

If you wondering about service, if you have a problem and the truck is under warranty, either the dealer or my company if you bought direct would get the part for you and setup an agreement with mechanics in your area to get the vehicle serviced.
    All dealers will have a direct link via the internet to our warehouse to get any part you need and will be sent out either UPS or FedEx that day.

Eventually dealerships will be able to buy parts and stock themselves if they so choose too.

I hope this helps, but I know what talks is performance, so I guess we will just have to wait and see. I am having a conversation today with my guys flying out to China on Monday to nail down some formalities and will list them all on the new site.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2010
  29. Chicken - if I could sell a 10 year warranty now I would, but I believe Suzuki has the longest at 2. But after a while I will see what we can do about offering our 2nd year warranty and still competing with the price of the Suzuki.