1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Interesting in importing...

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by msvg, Jun 1, 2010.

1. msvg

msvg New Member

Hey folks!

Great community you guys have got here!

I'm interested in importing a van. I need 4WD.

Now I have many options but I prefer the 93-95 Mitsubishi Bravo.

I have a few questions (if you don't mind)...

How do these 660cc Vehicles perform on the highway?

As I do quite a bit of highway driving (70% on hwy), what king of gas mileage can I expect. I heard these little vans can get 40-50 MPG. Is that true? What RPM does the engine run at lets say 100KPH. Should I just forget this kei-class van and focus on a Mitsubishi Delica?

4WD is important as I may do a bit of off roading at the cottage. Are these 4WD systems reliable?

I like the compact size of the Bravo but I'd have to get a 2-3" lift for more ground clearance and I've seen a few available so thats an option.

Perhaps, I'm just better off with a Delica, but I assume they don't get as good gas mileage as a bravo.

Any help is appreciated!

Btw.. For anyone in the Southern Ontario region looking for a Subaru Sambar, I've spotted one in a rural area and looks like this dealer may sell it for cheap considering he's selling his property and need to get rid of many trucks and cars.

Pic:

[​IMG]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/msvg/4651680628/

and click on map at the very bottom.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2010
  2. Coast Steve

Coast Steve Member

to buy or not to buy?

Well I had a very clean Bravo van, super cool, very low miles, I loved it so much, ....................except.

It had no power with the automatic and reved way to high on the hiway!.
    in the city it would be just perfect though!

My advice is go with a medium sized unit like a Delica type.

You could also try a standart transmission.

you need to go to a car lot and drive one.

This is only my opinion going only on the one van I owned,

BTW, I'm sure the Delica is a good or better on fuel, these Kei's are kind of little gas pigs for their size.

But we all still love them!

Good luck,

Steve

3. Stuff99

Stuff99 Moderator Staff Member

hey steve, was your van an over drive?

4. Tinytoy

Tinytoy Member

If you are interested in the driveing not how fast you get there the L-300 is fun.
    If you like AWD not 4X4 and can handle something that looks like a minivan:eek: go with the L-400
    If your after gas milage go with a smart car.

5. Coast Steve

Coast Steve Member

No, mine was not the overdrive just the 2 speed auto or was it the 3 speed?
    I don't remember, but it was the one that needed another gear.

6. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

I'm diggin' the VW "snowflake" GTI wheels on the Sambar. :D

7. anthill

anthill Member

Yeah, me too - those are 14" !?! Sweeeet.

8. olddatsunfan

olddatsunfan Member

Hmm..., well I drive the Suzuki Kei van around the lower mainland a lot, in the past 8 months I've put on 17000km. I drive about 90% in the city and 10% on the highway. It's fine as a city vehicle, however, on the highway I limit myself to steady state cruising of 85km/hr. The 660cc/5 speed/4wd combo that I have is reving at about 5100 rpm at that speed with the 170/70/13 tires I'm running. I can get a bit over 40mpg (imperial) like that and I've driven as far as Seattle with it. You should be remembering that the van is 20% heavier than the minitruck so you've a little less hp/weight to run with. If you're looking at lot's of highway driving I'd probably look up to the Delica though ....

9. Coast Steve

Coast Steve Member

Yep, I agree with Jason.

10. fujian

fujian New Member

What was that guy selling the Sambar for in southern rural ontario?