1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1995 HiJet Insurance

Discussion in 'Mini Lounge' started by john brown, Aug 18, 2020.

1. john brown

john brown New Member

Hi all. Looking for insurance on my 1995 hijet, in canada. any suggestions?
    J

2. SAITCHO

SAITCHO Active Member

On road?
    Off-road?
    Left or right hand drive?
    Those are the major factors that will dictate how easy it is to insure. Mine is off-road only and right hand drive. I live in Quebec and had issues to find someone interested in insuring my truck. Went with Desjardins but I had to transfer my daily driver insurance with them.

3. I went through Geico for on road use of my honda acty van. The have to do a "VIN override". I only have liability but im only paying ~29$usd

4. copperd

copperd New Member

GEICO was who I just ended up going with for my Hijet. I had a quote within 2 hours. Right around $25 a month if paid for 6 months in full. This was unbundled with home or my other autos. Also no driving limits on the policy.

Erie who I carry my home and other auto with haven't made progress in over a month. Hagerty is also willing to insure the Hijet with no issues but they impose a 7500 mile yearly limit and it can not be a daily driver.

5. Jim Nelson

Jim Nelson Active Member

You did well. Out here in the land of fruits and nuts, my Farmers broker said sure we can get you covered, well after a week of trying he called and said " I got you full coverage from Hagerty for something like $300 a year", they emailed me the policy and I sent them a check. About 2 weeks later I got a cancellation notice and my check returned. I called my agent back and he did some more looking and called me with the news that the only company that would insure it was Progressive. I called them and for the bare minimum legal here liability only and me as the only driver it is $235 every 3 months. It would double to add my wife.
    The nightmare of getting a smog check is a whole nother story.

6. Roadster

Roadster Active Member

I just re-insured my HiJet with ICBC (British Columbia gov't insurance corp.) $1024 for a year, 5 mil liability, $300 deductable fire/theft and comp. $200 glass. Truck is too old for private insurers here. it seems. No problem insuring it though, - includes my wife. I'm not sure why I listed her on the policy; she told me she's never going to drive it!

Roadster

7. Robert J Litzinger

Robert J Litzinger New Member

I went thru State Farm, who is my primary carrier anyway. I'm sure it helped. I'm paying $95/six months for property and liability. I'm goin to upgrade to comprehensive when i start dumping money into it lol. My agent quoted me $164/six months for comprehensive. I think that's a good price. She did not ask me on or off road, which i'm glad lol.

8. Robert J Litzinger

Robert J Litzinger New Member

Funny, i called Progressive and they just flat-out refused to write a policy on my Sube

9. 95hijetvan

95hijetvan New Member

I got insurance for my hijet van from progressive for $103/6 months, I live in NC so not sure if that has something to do with it

10. Limestone

Limestone Well-Known Member

Your Area has a lot to do with any Insurance that you Buy!

Limestone