1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

installing cv boots

Discussion in 'Tips and Tricks' started by max ofindiana, Apr 23, 2008.

1. max ofindiana

max ofindiana New Member

hey guys im getting ready to put some new boots on my front driveshafts the outer ones next to the wheel, i dont have any books that tells me and so i would like some help im just an fairly good weekend mech. i have a 1993 miti mmc that i drive on the roads every day to take my daughter to school. i get 36 mile per gall driving 45 to 5o i have 13 inch tires 155-70 i have driven around 3000 miles since i bought it last fall hopeing to hear from you guys , thanks max

2. slimbad

slimbad Member

CV Boots

Welcome Max, i have not (yet) had to replace my boots. maybe this will give you a start. good luck........later, slim

Attached Files:

3. slimbad

slimbad Member

CV Boots (2)

Max, i just looked at the attachments and they don't look very readable. due to the limitations of the size of jpg's that can be attached to a post i can't seem to get them right. if you need a more viewable set of pages PM me and i will rescan at a better resolution and email to you.......later, slim

and by the way these are out of a mits service manual.

4. tmikewww

tmikewww Member

Click on "page" on the tool bar. Click "zoom" click 150 or even 200 and you can "read" it fine.

tmikewww

5. max ofindiana

max ofindiana New Member

cv boots

thanks slimbad maybe i can get the job done i guess i need to get me a manual later max

6. oldsnowman

oldsnowman Member

hey thanks for the info...all the pictures i have seen on the front diff shows a axle tube on the right side, is this how your trucks are in the US? mine has CV shafts on both side and the diff is mounted to the frame.
    info for anyone looking at these pages, to see better just copy and paste into paint then you can see them great!
    wyatt

7. Mini4WD

Mini4WD Member

Do you know what Year/ Models those prints from the manual are for????

8. Dan

Dan Member

those shots from the manual are for the americanized mitsubishi 4x4 lefty's that were sold in the US, late 80's up to 1995... u15 series 550's "Mighty Mits"