1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Installing a Decent Oil Pressure Gauge

Discussion in 'Subaru Sambar' started by Andrew.r.w, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Andrew.r.w

Andrew.r.w Member

I am picking up unit 2 on Thursday. This will be my second Sambar, nearly one year to the day after I drove the first one home.

I would like to have an oil pressure gauge installed, and I would like it to be as accurate as possible. Can anyone recommend a good choice, and one that I can fit to the Sambar without a lot of jury rigging and modifications? I don't know if the sensor units are all the same or if they nneed to be matched to the gauge, and if there is a lot of difference between a cheap one and a more expensive offering. I'd appreciate your thoughts ..

2. oldoldoldman

oldoldoldman Member

Its going to need a small hose from the engine to the gauge, I think any of them you like the looks of will be accurate enough. Even 2 or 3 lbs. off wont be anything to worry about and you really have no way to tell if any of them are exactly accurate or not.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2012
  3. Andrew.r.w

Andrew.r.w Member

Most of the gauges are electric, working with a transducer at the block and wires running to the dash. I don't want to run an oil line into the cab.

I agree, after some research, that accuracy isn't going to be the issue. Repeatability and sensitivity will be enough. One really only needs an established baseline and to detect changes.