1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Installing a cigarett lighter socket

Discussion in 'Tips and Tricks' started by aomorisambar, Mar 31, 2012.

1. aomorisambar

aomorisambar Member

Was wondering if anyone could fill me in on installing a 12v socket into my Sambar. Currently it dosent have one and I desperately need one. Was also thinking about installing a USB port while im at it, I saw a few vids on youtube where people have done it, seems pretty cool.

Any tips or suggestion??

2. Wedge

Wedge Member

I think its a pretty universal job so a quick Google search could lend some results.

3. SpikeFiend

SpikeFiend Member

On my Sambar, the cigarette lighter socket is mounted in a little plastic bracket just below the cubby hole below the radio. The bracket comes off with two screws. The 12V socket is just two pieces that thread together, the inner piece goes through the front (and has a small lip around the edge to catch the mount) and the outer piece screws onto the inner piece from the back and clamps the mounting bracket in place.

I had to replace my 12 socket because the one that came with it was so corroded that I wasn't working properly (I had a battery voltage meter in it).

4. temptmino

temptmino New Member

I am looking for a front end off a Jeep 2500. I was Design Your Own T-Shirt pointed this direction by Mighty Milt. Hoping someone my know of a possible Importer and about how much it would cost to get it shipped over to the states. I have found many sites that sell all the peice to convert my front end but I try to order it and it gets confusing, it is hard to under stand the "Broken Personalized PoloT-Shirts English" on some of the sites to get it ordered.

5. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

Wow !...must be a coincidence ,but I'm looking for a statuesque blonde with large knockers maybe you should try the site how to kill a spammer with a pair of pliers they may have jeep parts there