1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Installed new struts and springs

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by Koffer, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Koffer

Koffer Active Member

After 9 years of weak stock springs and blown shot struts I broke down and bought new 250# springs from Jegs blems sale and since I was going to take a cut off wheel to them to get them to sit nicely so no biggie . I found new KYB struts on EBay UK for $65 plus $14 shipping each .
    The old right strut was so bad the piston just flopped around no resistance and the left wasn't too far behind
    Took about an hour a side to replace them and wow what a nice difference to be able to pop down in the seat and not hear the bang and clank . Can't wait to take it out for a test drive .
    Since the front now sits higher I'll have to rase the rear but at least the front end is will no long scary to drive

2. Dishtech43

Dishtech43 New Member

Thats good to know..just installed 250 lb Springs on mine. cant wait to try out.waiting on brakes. oh I also have extra set of New 250 lb springs for front 98 Daihatsu Hijet for sale.

3. Koffer

Koffer Active Member

It's been a few months now and about 2000kms on road since install . Well worth it and for the price a no brainier

Dishtech43 likes this.
  4. two jims

two jims New Member

hi can you tell me the kyb part number on the struts. thanks

5. Koffer

Koffer Active Member

KYB 633117 and KYB 633118