1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Information on my mini truck

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by William Torres, Aug 16, 2016.

1. William Torres

William Torres New Member

Hi there to all , I been trying to identify my daihatsu mini truck with the vin number but haven't find any web site to help me out, can't buy the right carburator with out the year model, any help be very welcome , thanks

2. mad659

mad659 Member

What is your vin #? What type of truck do you have?

3. William Torres

Hi there,, thanks For answer me, I just bought a DAIHATSU Hijet with a bad carburetor, and been trying to find one that fits or work, vin is : jda000s8000001503 , Type :EB, If you need more info please let me know, thanks a lot for any help, William

4. mad659

mad659 Member

I replied thru email, guess it didn't show up here. Anyways, if you have an eb series motor than it has to be the 550cc with the 4spd tranny, same one I have. I have the book on this one so I can probably get you the carb # when I get home today. They are pricey carbs, I did put a mikuni 34 on one of my trucks, starts up nice , revs better than the stock carb but I haven't tried it on the road yet. Mikunis are everywhere and it wasn't that hard to adapt. Do a search for someone else that did this swap here, I think he found an adapter that fit the carb to the engine, don't remember what it was though. I made my own out of aluminum but that's just me.

5. mad659

mad659 Member

The only thing that I could find in the book is that it's manufactured by AISAN for the eb-90 engine.What is the Type on your vehicle tag, underneath the vin #?

6. William Torres

Good morning , I haven't be able to check it out , but this afternoon when I get back from work surely I will be able to get more information and double check anything I have missing , again thank you so much for the help...ill keep in touch this evening....have a bless day. William

7. William Torres

Hi Mad, here is what I found other than my vin number:
    Type: S80LP - TRK
    Engine: EB
    Trim: LGT1
    547cc

Hope that give you a better idea, again thank a lot for the help
    William

8. mad659

mad659 Member

S= Hijet
    80= 2wd
    L= left hand drive
    P= pickup truck
    T= standard cargo type
    R=standard grade
    K= 4speed
    Some of these models have a tag on the carb but not of much help. What are your carb symptoms? Maybe just needs a cleanup or something.

9. William Torres

Hi Mad, sorry for the delay I got a washer issue and have to solv the problem....anyways the number on the tag of the carburetor is 87258

10. Brookville

Brookville New Member

I have a 1996 HiJet 4 wheel drive with Hi/Lo. When we bought it the guy told us it was a 4 speed manual. He was wrong it's a 5 speed. It's a S110P. Engine is EF-NS.What does that mean? Also I would like to find a carb that will work also that won't brake the bank. What other places should I look on the truck to find out info other than the aluminum plate with VIN. I would like to find out exactly what type of engine I have so I know when ordering parts. I see a lot of people saying model numbers for engines like S83 or S something I am wondering if that pertains to my truck. Thanks for the help in advance

11. woopee

woopee New Member

I have a S80LP-JTRK
    J = Jumbo Cab.

12. William Torres

Good Morning to all, a while ago i request some help with my carburetor on my DAIHATSU vin: JDA000s8000001503 , TYPE: S80LP - TRK , ENGINE: EB 547cc , TRIM: LGT1
    And Mad659 was very kind in helping me out...unfortunately at that time i got diagnosed with cancer and i had to stop coming back for a while until I figured out how to deal with this....anyways that’s another 20 bucks ...
    I started again back on my truck and i will like to get it running ...carburetor has been solved for now even I might need one down the road....but in order for me to figure out what book or manual i need ...i need to find the year of my truck.
    Anyone have any idea how to find out?
    Thanks

13. jmikeabbott

jmikeabbott New Member

Daihatsus are not dated as built in any particular year. The best way is to look at the little white tag on the seatbelt. That is the easiest way to determine age.

14. ttc

ttc Active Member

what is stamped under the drivers seat ? s8000001503 ??

15. jmikeabbott

jmikeabbott New Member

The seatbelt tag gives closest info on age. The left hand drives do not have a manual per say. The best information is from g&r imports in Missouri. Check them out on facebook.

16. ttc

ttc Active Member

Seat belt tag means nothing when you want the build number to get the parts fiche specific for that truck.

17. jmikeabbott

jmikeabbott New Member

18. JMM

JMM Member

Jmikeabbott, I hope your cancer is in remission or better yet gone!

19. DSlag

DSlag Member

William,
    Would like to understand an update on your condition. PM me please. The minitruck be damned.
    I too am suffering right now, but not with cancer though.
    My prayers are for you and your family. He does have a purpose for us all. We may not like it but He does see higher things than us.
    Blessings,
    Dennes