1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In search of tires an rims (newbie)

Discussion in 'Trade-A-Part' started by Uncledeeds, Nov 15, 2021.

1. Uncledeeds

Uncledeeds New Member

Ok i finally got my 93 mitsubishi mini an of coarse want to get rid of my stock wheels an tires.
    I like to find some used rims that will fit an be able to run a 23" tire.
    Before i order a lift,id like to be directed to what you seasoned vets recommend? I have been doing all the research i can to see if i could run factory grizzley wheels with a 25" tire as i can get a whole set for 100$ right now lol.
    I know the grizzley has irs which seems like that matters,but im unsure.Im not very good at this an i have searched threads,im hoping someone has some used rims an tires to sell for me,
    Im in rhode island/ ct line.
    Thank you,
    Deeds

2. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

First you need to figure out your bolt pattern. There are directions on a lot of websites, if you search for “measuring wheel bolt pattern” you should find a ton of sites with directions.

And, watch this video on YouTube, a good explanation of how to figure out your offset, and what will actually fit on your truck without having actually bolt them on to measure things.

And, if you’re gong to hang around go into your profile and add the information on your rig into your signature line. It makes it lots easier to give you good advice, if we know what rig we're talking about.

3. Uncledeeds

Uncledeeds New Member

Thank you,i have been trying to do that on my profile,but its hard,im not used to this,i will have help later an will do it.i apoligize.. i have watched all those videos,i love to learn, today i went yo my local bike an offriad shop, i decided to use my factory rims,im going to rhino liner them. An i ordered a 2 inch lift, progressive heavy front springs an 4 new bearclaw tires! I should have decent height without harming or stressing any joints.im excited an cant wait for lift kit to come in....springs an tires he had in stock as they do a lot with these minis,have a local club as well,thank you for you input,an i will fix my profile.my apoligizes again.
    Deeds

4. Terry H

Terry H Member

Welcome mini trucker! I’m not sure specifically on you model, I have a Suzuki carry 1993, but it was advised that I do not go with more than a 2” lift as it will put axles in a find and tear things up internally on the axle?? So I didn’t. I found most of my mods on eBay and did a lot to my truck! Enjoy it