1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Importing Trucks

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by BIG DADDY, Jan 6, 2008.

1. BIG DADDY

BIG DADDY New Member

What Does Someone Have To Do To Import His Own Truck. Is Their Alot Of B.s To It. I Just Wonder If It Is Worth It Or Not. My Supplier Is Going Up On Everything. Ps,hi/low,a/c,axel Lock, Dif Lock, And On The Trucks. Just Would Like To Know How To Import My Own. Any Help Would Be Great. Thanks Buddy Green

2. zbadboy

zbadboy Member

I know I had to pay a higher shipping rate for two containers of trucks I have arriving on the 7th of January. Shipping charges went up qute a bit starting 1 January. Just something you might consider.

Jeff

3. kevlar

kevlar New Member

what kind of paper work do you have to do? what kind of a shipping rate did you get?

4. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

Maybe you should try a new supplier? These are averages but might be worth looking at. Click Here

Greg

5. MightyHamster

MightyHamster New Member

My container just left CA by rail. Shipping from Japan to TN is $5900 for this load. That is delivered to my loading dock with customs and other fees included. FYI

6. BIG DADDY

BIG DADDY New Member

what did the trucks cost in japan. how do you buy at the auction in japan. i understand shipping is high

7. steve_nagoya

steve_nagoya Member

Sorry to tell you this Big Daddy, but I don't think you'd get any local dealer tell you how much the trucks cost them in Japan. Buying at auction in Japan is through a dealer or exporter like us. Auction membership is available only to licensed used car dealers located in Japan, and most auctions will not look at new dealers. Most auctions will only accept dealers who have been in business for more than a year.