1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm newish and need help

Discussion in 'Mitsubishi Minicab' started by Notjustair, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Notjustair

Notjustair New Member

It's been a while but I think I posted here once. It could be that I just read lots of posts. LOL

I have a Mitsubishi mini truck. I have no idea what year other than the inside of the driver's side mirror bracket has a 1986 date stamped on it. It's an older one (and no the seat belts don't still have a tag on them). The thing that confuses me is that it is a two cylinder not the three that I read online it should have.

I'm having trouble with it idling. After about 45 seconds of idling it loads up and dies and then you can't get it restarted. It runs like a scalded dog otherwise if I click the choke out one click it idles fine. Same if I keep my foot on it and keep the revs up. It worked great for a long time and then suddenly this. I can't for the life of me decide whether it is starving for fuel or flooding but I'm looking at the latter simply because it will fire after it dies if my foot is to the floor but seems flooded out and won't stay running. If I get it running at an idle as soon as I touch the gas pedal it dies.

I want to put plugs in it and see if that helps but don't want to spend money on the spark plug wrench if it won't fit. It had a tune up before I bought it a couple of years ago but I put A LOT of hours on it farming.

2. ozarkman

ozarkman Member

@Notjustair, did you find the solution to the problem? If not, then I would suggest a thorough inspection of all vacuum hoses and the timing advance mechanism. Considering the truck's age and the hazards it may have been exposed to on your farm, I would change all vacuum hoses and see if it makes a difference.