1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm gonna be a dad!!!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Mighty Milt, Mar 19, 2009.

1. Mighty Milt

Mighty Milt Active Member

just found out saturday that jen got 2 positive pregnancy tests... we went to the dr today and they confirmed it... she's 7 weeks along!! :D:D

we are so excited, after trying for a year and a half and only given a 12% chance of conceiving naturally... we beat the odds and did it!!

i think i'm going to go buy a lottery ticket to see if i can beat the odds there too :D

2. MichTrucks

MichTrucks Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

congrats from a Father of 3

3. Mighty Milt

this is my first... so i'm as excited as much as i'm scared to death... i'm an over protective father already... always watching Jen to make sure everything is ok...

here's the funny part.. i'm gonna be mister mom... Jen's salary is about 3 times what mine is and i'd be a damn fool to say "stay home honey i'll go to work"... so guess what?? she's going back to work and i'm putting on the apron and playing "susie home-maker" how about that for women's lib??

4. cabinmini

cabinmini Member

Great News!!

Awesome news for you guys! You've probably heard the saying; "Change is the only constant in this world". Well it might be a little bundle but it's heading your way like a freight train. Enjoy the ride:D!!! I did!
    Jim

5. kepow

kepow Member

congrats Milt im assuming Jen is your wife? lets hope so lol

6. Congrats!!!! I just had my first little girl. It is amazing and life changing. God bless both of you and I hope all goes well. Keep us posted.

7. slimbad

slimbad Member

Mini Milt or Minnie?

Milt, Congrats to you and Jen. Looks like the "Loose Cannon Moderator" wasn't loaded with blanks;). Shud have sent you this earlier.
    ----------------

Thinking of Having Kids? Do this 11 step program first!

Lesson 1 - Go to the grocery store. Arrange to have your salary paid directly to their head office. Go home. Pick up the paper and read it for the last time.

Lesson 2 - Before you finally go ahead and have children, find a couple who already are parents and berate them about their: 1. Methods of discipline. 2. Lack of patience. 3. Appallingly low tolerance levels. 4. Allowing their children to run wild. 5. Suggest ways in which they might improve their child's breastfeeding, sleep habits, toilet training, table manners, and overall behavior. Enjoy it because it will be the last time in your life you will have all the answers.

Lesson 3 - A really good way to discover how the nights might feel...1. Start at 5PM till 10PM carrying a wet bag weighing approx 8-12 pounds, with a radio turned to static (or some other obnoxious sound) playing loudly. 2. Eat cold food with one hand for dinner. 3. At 10PM, put the bag gently down, set the alarm for midnight, and go to sleep. 4. Get up at 12 and walk around the living room again, with the bag, until 1AM. 5. Set the alarm for 3AM. 6. As you can't get back to sleep, get up at 2AM, make a drink and watch an infomercial. 7. Go to bed at 2:45AM. 8. Get up at 3AM when the alarm goes off. 9. Sing songs quietly in the dark until 4AM. 10. Get up. Make breakfast. Repeat steps 1-9 each night. Keep this up for 3-5 years. Look cheerful and together.

Lesson 4 - Can you stand the mess children make? To find out...1. Smear peanut butter onto the sofa and jam onto the curtains. 2. Hide a piece of raw chicken behind the stereo and leave it there all summer. 3. Stick your fingers in the flower bed - then rub them on the clean walls. 5. Take your favorite book, photo album, etc. Wreck it. 6. Spill milk on your new pillows. Cover the stains with crayons. How does that look?

Lesson 5 - Dressing small children is not as easy as it seems. 1. Buy an octopus and a small bag made out of loose mesh. 2. Attempt to put the octopus into the bag so that none of the arms hang out. Time allowed for this - all morning.

Lesson 6 - Forget the BMW and buy a Kei :Dmini-van. And don't think that you can leave it out in the driveway spotless and shining. Family cars don't look like that.1. Buy a chocolate ice cream cone and put it in the glove compartment. Leave it there. 2. Get a dime. Stick it in the CD player. 3. Take a family size package of chocolate cookies. Mash them into the back seat. Sprinkle cheerios all over the floor, then smash them with your foot. 4. Run a garden rake along both sides of the car.

Lesson 7 - Go to the local grocery store. Take with you the closest thing you can find to a pre-school child. (A full-grown goat is an excellent choice). If you intend to have more than one child, then definitely take more than one goat. 1. Buy your week's groceries without letting the goats out of your sight. 2. Pay for everything the goat eats or destroys. Until you can easily accomplish this, do not even contemplate having children.

Lesson 8 - 1. Hollow out a melon. 2. Make a small hole in the side. 3. Suspend it from the ceiling and swing it from side to side. 4. Now get a bowl of soggy Cheerios and attempt to spoon them into the swaying melon by pretending to be an airplane. 5. Continue until half the Cheerios are gone. 6. The remaining Cheerios - tip half into your lap, the other half, just throw up in the air. You are now ready to feed a nine-month-old baby.

Lesson 9 - Learn the names of every character from Sesame Street , Barney, Disney, theT eletubbies, and Pokemon. Watch nothing else on TV but PBS, the Disney channel or Noggin for at least five years. (I know, you're thinking What's 'Noggin'?) - Exactly the point!

Lesson 10 - Make a recording of Fran Drescher saying 'daddy' repeatedly. (Important: no more than a four second delay between each 'daddy'; (occasional crescendo to the level of a supersonic jet is required). Play this tape in your car everywhere you go for the next four years. You are now ready to take a long trip with a toddler.

Lesson 11 - Start talking to an adult of your choice. Have someone else continually tug on your apron hem, shirt- sleeve, or elbow while playing the 'daddy' tape made from Lesson 10 above. You are now ready to have a conversation with an adult while there is a child in the room.

Now Have FUN:D.......later, slim

8. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

That's excellent, Slim! :D

Congrats, Milt! Enjoy it. It's a fun ride (most of the time). I've got two.

9. So its going to be a girl eh?

I know you didn't say it's going to be a girl, but I am putting my money on a beautiful baby girl!

Maybe you can name her Mini-mini.

Actually, one of the most important and expensive privilages we get as parents is naming rights.

Best of continued good fortune to you.

Bob

10. kmoneil

kmoneil Administrator Staff Member

Awesome! Congrats man! I hope the best to you and your family!!

11. Nipponway

Nipponway New Member

Congratulations Milt, I had my first Son recently and I got to say kids literally complete your life. All the best Dad.

12. Windmill

Windmill Member

Congratulations Milt, life has you know it is now over. lololol Slim that was to funny and to true. From a Dad of 6.

13. Say goodbye to sleep pal

14. ukmicro

ukmicro Member

Congrats Milt,:pop:
    The other thing they have not mentioned is small fingers getting in the Beard / Hair.:frustration:
    I wish you both well.
    I'm at the age where I hand them back-
    grand-dad to 5. aged 12 down to 5

15. Stuff99

Stuff99 Moderator Staff Member

congrats! now you need a micro van lol

16. Tinytoy

Tinytoy Member

HOORAY!!!! Take all the advice with a grain of salt...lemon and tequila;)
    Best dang things that ever happened to me 7yr old son and 3yr old daughter!

17. pop

pop New Member

Daddy

I heard a joke: A woman went to the doctor and had an examination. The doctor told her she was pregnant. Told her since she had seven kids already, this would be number eight and she should not have more children or it could kill her. She said, oh good but you better talk to "George". The Doc said okay send him in to see me. George went to the Doc and the Doc told him anymore kids and his lovely wife could die. George said, honest to God Doc, if I do it again I will "hang myself". George left the Doc office. A year later.....Doc was walking in town and saw the same woman pushing a carrige down the sidewalk and a with a big pregnant belly. Doc called out to Geo and George went over to the Doctor. The Doc told him, Geo you promised me not to getyour wife pregnant again. George said, Doc I was up on the Chair, rope around my neck and got to thinkin......."I might be hanging the wrong man!"

Hang in there my man.....changin shitty diapers, getting up at night is all worth it when they grow up become a millionaire and buy you a brand new "mini" truck...ha, ha

18. TRAX and HORNS

TRAX and HORNS Well-Known Member

Congrats Milt. Get all the hugs, play time, ect. you can get from them. Because one day you will wake up and they will be 20 yrs. old in college and going to Dubia, half way around the world without you during spring break. No sleep till they get home. They grow up way to fast.

19. Mighty Milt

Thanx for all the well wishes and blessings guys... and slim, that's the funniest stuff i've seen in a while, i was in tears!!

i'm as excited as i am scared to death!!

20. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

Congrats man! Mines 4 months now and I'm doing the Mr. Mom thing plus holding a full time job and building a mini truck! Take care of the kiddo all day long, make dinner, then the wife comes home and takes over. Then its off to work for me to 1AM. If I can do it anyone can. The fear will go away soon. Reality doesn't set in until he/she comes. Then after the first couple of days on your own Reality really sets in.

Enjoy!
    Greg

21. Half Life

Half Life Member

Congratulations Milt! Awesome news! I wish you and your wife the best of luck!

Phil
    Father of 2
    ________
    headshop

Last edited: Jan 22, 2011
  22. tmikewww

tmikewww Member

Milt,
    Congrats!!!
    Ya know what they say, if you have a "boy", you "worry" about "one" boy.
    If you have a "girl", you "worry" about "ALL THE BOYS"!!
    I have "2" girls, and "2" identical twin granddaughters, 7 years old.
    Tmikewww
    (tom)

23. kiowacampers

kiowacampers Member

Yippee!!!!!!!! I see your also good at fathering!!!! Way to go......Congrats!!!!!

24. Windmill

Windmill Member

On a side note Milt. Start buying diapers now. Belive me you will thank me later. The two happest days of my life were when my kids got off of formula and diapers.

25. gdelony

gdelony Member

Congratulations, my girl turns three next month, its awesome. Plan on being scared to death for a long long time, its a small price to pay for a Priceless Miracle.

Best o Luck to you and Jen.

26. 93mit

93mit Member

Milt, you will find out that you are the smartest man in the world now. But be prepared that will pass as time goes. But it will all be worth it in about 30 years.

27. Mighty Milt

UPDATE - we went in for an ultrasound yesterday... the baby is half the size of a grain of rice... but we saw the heart beat... miracles of modern technology :D

28. Windmill

Windmill Member

Wait until you see the little head ,arms and legs when she was about the size of a baby rabbit at 5 months. I saw her sucking her little fingers and my heart was never mine after that. Good God I sound like a girl. My daughter is 24 now. I just seem to get worse as she gets older.

29. Mighty Milt

yeah, i'm looking forward to all the ultra sounds and watching my baby grow.. my wife is ready a book and it tells week by week how it's going, like when they get eye lashes and finger nails... and her favorite part is how they compare it's size to fruits and vegetables in the early stages.

she got me a book too, just for expecting fathers, it's a look at pregnancy from the lighter side.

secretly i'm hoping for a boy to follow in my footsteps and work in the garage with me... but i know if it's a girl she'll be my princess. but i guess in the end, all any parent hopes for is "healthy with 10 fingers and 10 toes" :D

30. cooner

cooner New Member

congrats,
    the wife and i have been trying for almost five years almost two years of fertilitly drugs and procedures and another one next week. I can only imagine the feelings you guys are having right now , congratulations. keep up the good work on the forum