1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Im getting weird posts sent to me from here

Discussion in 'Mini Lounge' started by cabnfever, Apr 25, 2010.

1. cabnfever

cabnfever Member

This is the 2nd or 3rd time this has happened lately. Im set up to get emails from posts i start or respond to. sometimes im getting them that show responses so i check them and the reply is just a bunch of jibberish that has nothing to do with the thread. Today i got a response to the thread about sambar kv4 head bolt torque that i had responded to earlier. It was about benjamin franklin and electricity, some kind of joke?
    I check the thread and theres nothing there.....

reply was from user ijl078

anyone else getting these

2. OldMachinist

OldMachinist Moderator Staff Member

You get the email as soon as a spammer posts to the thread you're subscribed to and a moderator is deleting the reply before you go to view it.

3. cabnfever

cabnfever Member

wow them mods are quick, i get the email on my blackberry and check right away. Good job Mod's :)

4. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

Well, to be honest, Kevin put in some plug in to the software where a lot of the spam deletes itself now. But we still have to pull out the "ban hammer" a few times a day.

The way around not getting the spam but keeping up with a thread for me is to just click on "New Posts" every time I log in. If there is something new to a thread I want to look at, it will show up there. :)

5. Stuff99

Stuff99 Moderator Staff Member

lol global subscription :D

6. Ironraven

Ironraven Active Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ban hammer FTW!!! lol