1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ignitor box

Discussion in 'Mitsubishi Minicab' started by Arkansas mini truck, May 16, 2017.

1. Arkansas mini truck

Arkansas mini truck New Member

i have 2 mini cabs both right hand drive neither have spark I have replaced the ignition module in the distributor and the coil with no luck. Do all these trucks use an ignitor box? I can not locate it on either truck looked under washer reservoir and firewall with no luck unless I'm looking at it and don't know it the only box I have found has th numbers MD308737 any help would be great thanks

2. Doghead

Doghead New Member

Lay down behind the front left tire and look up above the metal mudflap.

Last edited: May 18, 2017
  3. Arkansas mini truck

got a picture by chance I still can't locate it on either truck mine are right hand drive do they all have them? This is the last thing I can think of that's causing my no spark issue. It not sure at this point I replaced the coil, and the ignition module under the distributor cap. Thanks

4. Doghead

Doghead New Member

Mine is left hand drive.

If they are opposite, look at the other side just in case.

Is the washer fluid tank on the right or left side of your trucks?

The box is below the tank.

As I said before, look behind the mudflap, on of the bolts for it holds the bottom of the box.

5. Arkansas mini truck

Washer tank is on left side. I have it removed and do. It see the box or any connectors for it. I get power to my coil with key on and cranking the wires are grounded until I turn the key on. I do not however get the flash that I should get when cranking it, just solid power. I replaced the ignition module under the distributor cap as well as the coil. The other part under the cap that I think is the trigger I have not been able to find. Not sure how to test it but was going to just replace it and see

6. Doghead

Doghead New Member

All I can tell you is, when I removed my inner fender and mudflaps, I realized the box is bolted on using one of those bolts.

I d not know that much about these trucks.