1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Idles too high!

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by JRinTX, Aug 20, 2007.

1. JRinTX

JRinTX Moderator

I have a 1992 Carry with 35,000 miles. It runs really good. But, every time it is started it idles very high! It will take 10-15 mins to idle down to normal RPM, even if it is 100 degrees outside! Just from looking at the high speed idle solenoid, I belive it is working correctly. Although I am not sure how to adjust the RPM of the high idle speed. And how does it detect that that the engine is warm? Does coolant circulate through the idle solenoid?
    Need some help! :confused:

2. chadhite

chadhite Member

All these trucks have liquid warmed chokes and I will idle fast until they get warm. This will usually take about 5-15 minutes depending on the truck.

Take the plate in the bed off and find the carb. On the side of the carb facing the rear of the truck will be the liquid choke.

The truck will not idle down until they get warm so it is not like the old stlye carbs on US cars where you throttled down the idle by hitting the accelerator.

3. lmnafc

lmnafc New Member

i got a 93 suzki that never idles down low speed even if i drive it all day do you think my liquid choke is faulty? if you push on throttle lever it will slow down and i have adjusted the set screw

4. Don-in-Japan

Don-in-Japan Member

I have translated carb adjustment diagrams for the Carry if anyone wants them, PM an Email address.
    These carb adjustments are pretty close on most mini trucks (at least in theory and function..adjust points may differ).

Don

5. ltclarry

ltclarry New Member

1996 suzuki carry high idle

Idle speed will not go to normal even after warmed up. Pulled the hose on the inlet side of chock just drips of antifreeze coming out.Hose has no holes and is not clogged it just seams i am not getting the antifreeze flow to warm up chock. HELP!!:frustration:

6. I had someone contact me about a similar problem and they removed the lower radiator hose to let air out of the cooling system. I think sometimes these can get air stuck in the cooling system for some reason. I guess it creates a kind of "vapor lock" condition that causes a very high idle that doesn't go down. Just passing along some information that someone shared with me that helped them! Hope it helps!

7. ltclarry

ltclarry New Member

Jason,thanks For Info Will Try And Let You Know Tks Larry

8. ltclarry

ltclarry New Member

Bled system still no flow of antifreeze to liquid choke. anybody have any ideas?

9. larryn2o

larryn2o Member

try to blow air through it . & make sure the thermostat isn't stuck . i've also seen one in backward & it did some weird cycling till the motor warmed up .

10. pepci

pepci Member

On Suzukis or at least mine there is a bleeder valve on the side of the thermostat housing to allow air out when doing work on system so you may look and see.If they get an air lock in the radiator it will cause that problem.

11. ltclarry

ltclarry New Member

Pepci, Thanks for info i will try and let you know.

12. ltclarry

ltclarry New Member

Hi All, Problem Solved Bled The System At The Bleeder Valve On Side Of Thermostat. Now She Runs Like A Raped Ape Thank You For All Your Help Ltc

13. alton

alton New Member

extreme high idle

I would lile to have the diagram for the carb, my 1993 races extremely high when first started and does not idle down until the engine is up to full temp.

14. martdan20

martdan20 New Member

I would be thankful for your translated carb adjustment diagram for the carry,My email is danielsavs@yahoo.com

Thank you
    M Daniels

15. Little Foot

Little Foot Member

This means your idle solenoid is not working, probably a broken vacuum line.

16. jlbrack

jlbrack New Member

I would appreciate your carburetor adjustment diagram.
    My email address: jlbrack@embarqmail.com
    Also, witnessing high idle speed, and have done the following with no success:
    bled both radiator hose, and point at thermostat housing.
    Also, removed thermostat, tested, and found to be functioning properly.
    Any suggestions of what to try next?
    Thanks,
    John B

p s '92 Suzuki mini

17. whitehtl

whitehtl New Member

need vacuum diagram for carb. on a 96 DD51T.

18. Don-in-Japan

Don-in-Japan Member

19. Little Foot

Little Foot Member

Good job Don in Japan but you missed one on carb 1

Attached Files:

20. Don-in-Japan

Don-in-Japan Member

(A) vacuum nipple... Automatic transmission only :)

21. Little Foot

Little Foot Member

Here's page one whitout the Japanese lettering, maybe a little less distracting

Attached Files:

22. Captain Ron

Captain Ron New Member

Don,

Do you still offer to send the Carry carb adjustment diagrams to members?
    My email address is fourdent@san.rr.com Handle is Captain Ron

Thanks,
    Ron

23. Noel Currie

Noel Currie New Member

noelcurrie@shaw.ca carb adjustments please

24. Cole

Cole Member

Search the forum. It's all there

25. RuggedCraig

RuggedCraig New Member

Can I get the adjustment diagrams ?