1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

idle up control

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by WendyM, Nov 13, 2018.

1. WendyM

WendyM Member

I replaced vac lines according to where they were on 96 DD51T and with posted diagrams. Accessory Idle up is fully engaged with no accessories turned on( screw is off seat with engine off- turn engine on and it pushes throttle way high)...checked idle up control and it is creating strong vac. Does this mean the control itself is toast? I plugged vac line at acc idle up pot and increased my base idle a little and truck seems to run fine, which leads me to wonder do I even need the acc idle up at all? Any advice would be appreciated.

2. WendyM

WendyM Member

ok, I admit it...I lied. It's a 1995 not a 96. If anyone knows how many amps the little thing needs to operate, maybe I can get one off another car???

3. rugerman

rugerman Member

You don't necessarily NEED it bit it helps thd system charge while loading all the accessories. Japan thought of all the good ideas back then.

4. WendyM

WendyM Member

Thanks for the input :) I just keep tinkering with it all and it's running fine now.