1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Idle problems

Discussion in 'Mitsubishi Minicab' started by Kei3DO, Jan 18, 2023.

1. Kei3DO

Kei3DO New Member

So I got my truck on the road in the summer last year, once it gets warm the idle drops to about 600. Which would be fine, but any time I put load on the alternator, the truck will stall immediately as I shift and go into 1st gear.

To keep it from being so bad, I replaced my old watt hog OEM lights with some fixtures I can install my own LED bulb in so I'd at least be able to drive it early morning. I also replaced all my vacuum lines to see if maybe there was a leak somewhere. But it's still doing the same thing.

I'm very new to carbs, this is my first vehicle to have a carb. So I'm not exactly sure if what I'm looking at is an IAC with the vacuum, that engages a part on the carb for idle, if it may be bad or what. I checked various places on the carb to see if something was stiff or stuck, all moves like it should, but nothing engages or moves if I turn on something like my lights or AC. If anyone has some tips, I'd appreciate it.