1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Identifying Truck specs/year....etc

Discussion in 'Honda Acty' started by Chris Linetty, Jan 20, 2016.

1. Chris Linetty

Chris Linetty New Member

Hello,
    New member here. I bought what I was told a 2001 Honda acty. I have a couple questions for you guys out there that have some experience and knowledge with these trucks.

1. How do I identify the year, engine type of this thing??? Everything is in Japanese! Lol. On top the engine I see it has a label that reads, E07Z. Another reads PR-4025709. Under the hood the plate is stamped GD-HA7-1018461, TYPE TOWN.

2. The seller tells me it needs a fuel pump. I test it and it's getting power but not coming on. I pulled the tank and removed the in tank pump. Further testing seems to confirm a dead pump. So appears I bought the truck that requires the most expensive fuel pump of all the mini trucks out there! Say complete used assemblies on e-bay for around $200 or just the pump for $300 or so new. Anyone have any experience with this?

3. Any or all information anyone can throw my way, maintenance, tips, tricks would be great!

Thanks a bunch,

Chris

2. Inane2

Inane2 Member

Welcome aboard Chris! Sounds like you landed a nice truck!

1. The EOZ7 is the engine model in your ACTY. The GD-HA7-1018461 is your chassis number. This is the closest thing to what we know as a "vin number". In that number, you see that your trick is a HA7 model and the numbers after that are unique identifiers. I ran the chassis number on your truck and it came back slightly inconclusive, showing it was built between May and December of 1999. These trucks don't have traditional model years like in the US, the model year is based on when the truck is originally sold. Therefore the truck could be a 99' or a 2000 model.

I ran your chassis number here:
    http://jpcenter.ru/month

2. I'd try to match your pump up with something at a local parts house. Try to find the holy grail of parts counter guys - the old school guys who isn't afraid to look in a catalog or one who will open fuel pump boxes trying to match yours up. Most guys will loose their minds once you tell them what you're working on and will try to convince you that if it's not "in the computer", than it's not happening. I'd say you have a fair chance that Honda uses that fuel pump in some of their other vehicles. I'd start with the ones with the very small displacement engines.

One of the members here found a cross for the EFI Daihatsu Hijet fuel pumps was a pump out of a Scion. Oddly, Daihatsu and Scion both are in the Toyota family.

3. There are plenty of knowledgeable ACTY owner's here who I'm sure will be glad to help you. Some of those guys may be able to help you out with question #2.

3. Chris Linetty

Chris Linetty New Member

Thanks for the information. It makes more sense now. Thanks again.