1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a Snow plow

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by chadhite, Oct 23, 2007.

1. chadhite

chadhite Member

I need a snow plow for a customer of mine.

I want a plow that works best on a suzuki DD51 and comes with everything I need to install it. I don't want to run to the parts store 10 times.

I would like a cost on electric lift and manual lift, differant blade sizes with freight to zip code 42003. Also need to know the amount of time it will take to install the plow.

If any body sells these plows and has installed them please contact me through e-mail minitrucks@bellsouth.net.

Thanks,
    Chad

2. okeitrucker

okeitrucker Member

If anyone out there can help Chad out, it would be great if you could also post some information for the rest of us on what plow you're using, problems you may have encountered, solutions to those, and anything else you feel like sharing. I'm interested in putting a plow on one of my trucks. Thanks!

-Hiram

3. Snow plows

Chad, Hiram,
    Blackline snow plows 866-400-5170 they are in Tennessee and have a 72" plow that works just great 500# down pressure for scraping.They also carry the receiver hitch which is top shelf,good directions and well engineered.I have 2 Suzuki's out with them on but no snow yet,they are the best for the buck that I looked over.WWW.blackline.us has more info and you can see the trucks I've done on my website.
    Steve
    www.stevesautomn.com

4. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

Glad to see that Blackline has added a new video on their site for the plow. The old one just showed a bunch of ATV's "plowing" about 1/4" of snow and left me feeling suspicious as to how they would deal with REAL snow. But the new video shows it pushing dirt and respectable amounts of snow. Looks like a nice unit.

5. chadhite

chadhite Member

Thanks for the information.
    How easy is the plow to install? Can you give me an estimate on man hours it will take to install?

Thanks,
    Chad

6. plows

Chad,
    The receiver hitch takes 1 hour and the plow comes 90% assembled,so another half hour there but the electric wiring will take an hour.I mount the brain box under the pass. seat which is closer to the battery.Another secret Chad is mount the receiver hitch about 1 inch toward the front of the truck so you do not have any mounting issues.If you get the hydro turn option this will add another half hour.These units come with everything you need to install on your truck,excellent photo instructions and top shelf hardware.My first plow took 4 hours to install the second was 3 hours with no help.If you run in to a problem call my shop 218-485-8154 more than happy to help you out.
    Steve
    www.stevesautomn.com

Muddy Bean likes this.
  7. okeitrucker

okeitrucker Member

Steve,

Thanks for the info on Blackline. Did the plow drop the front of your truck at all once installed and with the blade in the air? Do you have 3" lifts on your plow trucks? Sounds like a good project for a weekend. Thanks again.

-Hiram

8. Plows

Hiram,
    Both the Suzuki's had a 3" lift and yes it dropped the front alittle but not bad for 100+ #.The position of the receiver is the big deal this will make mounting the plow difficult if set to far back on the frame.
    Steve
    www.stevesautomn.com

9. jack483

jack483 New Member

Hi Steve,

I was looking at your trucks. You do nice work. Im doing a 2" lift and a plow on a Honda. I asked for a 3" lift but my guy in Japan says this can cause troubles and recommended the 2".

Do you think the plow will work out ok on a 2" lift with upgraded wheels and tires?

Also wanted to ask what kind of paint are you using? It has a textured effecxt like bedliner. I like it.

10. Jack483,
    Thanks-2" lift is what I used on my Honda's.A fellow is always better off if he doesn't lift his truck but we all know that story.I would put the 72" plow on your truck,clears the snow wide enough so you don't lose traction.I think you will be happy with your Honda pushing snow,just remember it has limitations.I use PPG products on my trucks, the textured effect is created by using jxawxzzxx sorry trade secret.
    Steve
    www.stevesautomn.com

11. jack483

jack483 New Member

Thanks Steve,

I understand about trade secrets....Im usually the guy who has them ;)

I found STi makes about the only 4/100 rim for the honda. Is that what your using? Golf carts run a 4 on 4 wich is like 2mm difference. Ever try that pattern?

Ive searched the web to see what a honda looks like lifted. Man there arent any pics out there. Got one of yours?

Last edited: Oct 27, 2007
  12. jack483,

I used itp sport track rims with all-trails.I haven't had a Honda for some time and have deleted my pictures. I can fax a picture to you from one I have on the shop wall but need fax#.

Steve
    www.stevesautomn.com

13. jack483

jack483 New Member

Thanks steve. The fax is 330-374-1554.

Did your honda take the 4/100 pattern? I think the only ITP wheel that fit was the type 4?

If there's ever anything I can do to help you, let me know. I own a Powersports dealership in Akron Ohio. I Design Pit bikes and import ATV's and Motorcycles.

14. okeitrucker

okeitrucker Member

Steve,

Thanks for the tip about positioning the receiver. I have contacted Blackline about getting set up. Are you using a 2" receiver?

-Hiram

15. jack483

jack483 New Member

Thanks for the Fax! Nice truck / Nice Job. So thats a 2" lift on 23" Carlsbad tires right? Did they rub at all? How'd they do on pavement?

I Like the Honda Look. Reminds me of the Chariot in the old TV show "Lost in Space" I think the chariot even had the same lights you put on!

16. 23" all-trail, they were great in snow as well as on pavement.Alittle door mod. was needed.Hard to believe but those big lights are only 45watt per,only size available in stainless,just right for mini's.

Steve

17. jack483

jack483 New Member

Sweet. Do you mind if I ask what the problem was with the door and what mod was needed?

18. Tires hit on sharp turns and bumps removed about 1" of door panel edge,problem solved.
    Steve
    www.stevesautomn.com

19. jack483

jack483 New Member

Hmmm, That could be a problem. You say you removed some door panel edge? Are we talking about the door itself?

20. darstar

darstar New Member

snow plow problems

I have a Blackline plow on my Suzuki Carry. The problem is , the truck is so low to the ground , that I dig the dirt all the time ! Also , the weight of the plow causes the truck to bottom out , with a very loud thud , if , I go very fast , and hit a small chuck hole, or , a dip in the road.
    The way I see it , I need, to raze the truck , and , compensate for the weight , with increased spring and or shock capacity. There are so many thoughts on these issues , that I am confused.. What I really need to know is , how big a tire and wheel can I use ( snow tire, not ATV stuff ),? And , what shocks are out there that will fit.?......... I am not sure if I want to use a lift kit , but , would ,if that is the only way ? Any thoughts would be welcome , but , some real experience would be best . I don't want to make the same mistakes others have made , over and over again............

21. Cape Ape

Cape Ape Member

Plow

If you really want to set up a plow rig, buy a 2" receiver mount kit from John at Ulmers Farm Service www.ulmerfarmservice.com. While you are there buy a set of his UFS 13" rims and snow tires to match. The wheels/tires are weight rated for this type of application, don't throw rocks/mud/etc. all over your truck and the mount doesn't drag on the ground like the Blackline one. All that being said the Blackline plow is a good one.

22. darstar

darstar New Member

Its too late on the mount. Mine is already installed ( I bought it as a package, sorry I did now ). I have already bent the sq. bar , plowing sand on my beach, but , It still works. I will give John a call. Thanks.

23. jack483

jack483 New Member

HI Steve. I got my truck and put on the 23" carlises. They definitely rub. Did you mod the door panel in the front of the tire and behind? Looks like thats what Im headed for.

i just posted this below :

Hi Guys,

I just bought a 1996 Honda ACTY. The seller said it was lifted 2". I ordered some nice 12" rims with the 5"+2" offset. The wheels rub nasty bad when I turn the steering.

Previously, some other members here said I should be ok with the 23" x 8" X 12". Im wondering if this is actually lifted 2". I hate to cut on the truck if it wasnt even lifted.

Can anyone tell from the pictures if this has been lifted?
    Anyone have any ideas on how to remedy?

Attached Files:

24. Jack483,
    Nice paint.Looks like you will need to get out the air saw and nibble alittle off the front of the doors and lose the mud flaps or cut the flaps back.Just cut alittle at a time until you are happy. The truck looks lifted but even so, I seem to always have to cut alittle off the doors on all the makes of mini's I tire with all trails.
    Steve
    www.stevesautomn.com

25. h2hminitrucks

h2hminitrucks New Member

If anyone needs a plow I can get them for you. I am a blackline registered dealer and I will discount them for anyone in the forum. Steve is right, 72" plow would be best and I would definitly go with the power angle option. The actuator exerts 650 pounds of pressure in all 4 directions and the lift arm has 17" of up/down travel. The actuator comes completely pre-assembled, so all you need to do is install the mount, insert it into the receiver and hook up the quick-connect wiring harness. It truly is the best plow on the market. You can contact me at 516-578-2344 or info@h2hminitrucks.com with any questions. I have to spray a truck now, but I will check back later tonight. Hope this helps, Rick.