1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i know - it's not a mini truck...

Discussion in 'Mini Lounge' started by Mighty Milt, Oct 2, 2009.

1. Mighty Milt

Mighty Milt Active Member

but it's a suzuki :D

spent a couple days beefing up a little ol's suzuki that's a rock crawler... apparently these little guys have a pretty big draw here for offroading.. who knew?

here's what i started with..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Mighty Milt

and here's what we ended up with ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Mighty Milt

4. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

Not bad for a couple days work. Looks like you've put that bender to work. What bender did you end up with?

5. Mighty Milt

i got a JD2 it's not a bad bender at all. they are about $300 and i made my own stand for it. i bought a 1.75" x 180* and it was another $300. but i've made my money back three times over and have another one coming into the shop first thing monday.

for what people (myself included) are charging for a cage, i bought the bender instead.

6. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

Sweet fabrication..that cage is prob. stronger than the suzi's frame

7. A friend had one of those. Quite good off road if your gentle on it. Apparantly the axles are weak points.

8. cheepBeer

cheepBeer Member

Suzuki

this is the wifes! :D

[​IMG][​IMG]

9. Stuff99

Stuff99 Moderator Staff Member

ive heard those trucks are excellent beginner crawlers. nice trucks imo.

10. erixun

erixun Member

The steering wheel is on the wrong side:D

cool cage! nice work, wish you were a little closer to Utah....

11. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

What I've always thought was cool was the VW 1.9TDI diesel conversions people do on these. :D

12. Don-in-Japan

Don-in-Japan Member

JD2 is the same bender I have. Nice for the price!

13. miniMOG

miniMOG Member

The cage looks good, Milt!

I also use the JD2. And here is a pic of the "Samster" 1/2 Samurai, 1/2 Hamster!

The Sami buggies are not just beginner rigs- they actually wheel very well when setup well. Mine has 6.5 to 1 transfer case, 5.29 gears in Toy axles with a spool in the rear and a Detroit up front. On 37" MTRs.

Has been through most of the "Hammers" trails.

Milt- (or anyone else too)- if you ever want to come out this way for some wheelin' just let me know!

Attached Files:

14. TRAX and HORNS

TRAX and HORNS Well-Known Member

Glad to see you back Mark. I know and everybody else knows this is a mini truck web site but show the guys some real 4x4's. Duce and and 1/2 maybe? maybe tou have a least one picture?

15. miniMOG

miniMOG Member

Thx- I dont want to hijack Milts thread (much!)- but here is one pic of one that just left the yard for Phoenix-

Attached Files:

16. What the hell?? what's mog doing back! nice to see ya again man

17. TRAX and HORNS

He's Been Lurking In The Back Ground. Mark, I Hope I Got Your Feathers Ruffeld By Calling You Last Week And Picking Your Head With My Mini Truck Problem.
    Mark Chime In Every Once In A While.

Nice Duce. I Want One Of Those Babbies But My Wife Would Kill Me And You.
    Dont Let Milt See That Picture.

18. Mighty Milt

good lookin sammi... there is a club of nothing but sammi's out here. i'm stealing your idea for the tire carrier by the way.

trax, i've already tried to talk the missus into a deuce. i was going to trade my mini for one with mark last year, but don't think the HOA will approve that big beast sitting out front.

19. TRAX and HORNS

Get some of that desert netting that blends in with yall's country side and nobody will see it. LOL